GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leather seats color match

Default Leather seats color match

Hi,
    Does anyone know which letter/number in the VIN describes a car's leather color? I am about to "Leatherique" my BMW and they suggested calling BMW with the VIN# to find out what color the seats are. I have that very common tan color, not the very light tan. Anybody done this color?
    Thanks in advance,
    Jon

I called the dealer's parts department and read off my vin. They'll give you an interior code and tell you what color it means. My 91' (which is the same tan color as yours probably) is 0453, which is Pergament Holz-Leder (parchment) with Bison leather. This is like a sand color, not a dark tan.

Custom Turbocharged 1991 535iM - 135k mi.

Default Jon,

My car has the name and code printed in dye on the back of the leather peice that velcros up in the ski pass, check that out.

Hmm... after looking at Allens post my numbers arent even close although it is pergament also. mine say 3854 or 3727 on a label.

Color plus says pergament isnt a standard with any of these numbers.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Are you replacing the seats? If they are just cracked you might think about getting them dyed and repaired. I know that a lot of dealerships have people come to them that dye/repair seat and do a really good job. It's alot cheaper than replacing.

Quote Originally Posted by spddmn713
    Are you replacing the seats? If they are just cracked you might think about getting them dyed and repaired. I know that a lot of dealerships have people come to them that dye/repair seat and do a really good job. It's alot cheaper than replacing.
    No, I am refurbing/redying the seats on my '89 325iC, have a small hole near the driver's bolster to repair, too. Leatherique has the "Natur" color on file and will send me their #3 kit with the oil, cleaner, crack filler and dye to do a complete refurb of the seats. I think it all comes to about $145. I'll try to keep you posted about the results. This will be a weekend+ job and I need to wait for low humidity and warm/hot weather for good results.
    Should be fun!
    Jon

It should start with 0

...or a letter, either L or N, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by AllanS
    ...or a letter, either L or N, I think.
    Sorry Alan, I should've mentioned. I called BMW dealer and they use the last 7 digits of the VIN# to retrieve the color of the leather. It turned out to be the "Natur" color on my '89 325i. Interestingly, my '90 535i seems to have exactly the same tan colored seats, but the VIN#'s on it are COMPLETLEY different. When I refurb those seats, it'll be interesting to find out what "color" they are.

Default Read the very bottom here...

Quote Originally Posted by JonE
    Hi,
    Does anyone know which letter/number in the VIN describes a car's leather color? I am about to "Leatherique" my BMW and they suggested calling BMW with the VIN# to find out what color the seats are. I have that very common tan color, not the very light tan. Anybody done this color?
    Thanks in advance,
    Jon

Default No Way!

now i have to go pull the rear seat!!!
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast