GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need new tires for 535i now. Suggestions?

Default Need new tires for 535i now. Suggestions?

Yoko AVS now down to the wear bars, on the front in the center. These were previously on the rear, but recently rotated. Two others have mucho tread, but AVS is discontinued and sold out.

Love the Bridgestone Potenza RE950s on my E30, but these are not made for E34. Thinking of trying the new Bridgestone Z009.

Performance it wet is crucial here in SF Bay Area.

Comments and suggestions?

Default Typo in above. Should read "G009."

Quote Originally Posted by Warren N.CA
    Yoko AVS now down to the wear bars, on the front in the center. These were previously on the rear, but recently rotated. Two others have mucho tread, but AVS is discontinued and sold out.

Love the Bridgestone Potenza RE950s on my E30, but these are not made for E34. Thinking of trying the new Bridgestone Z009.

Performance it wet is crucial here in SF Bay Area.

Comments and suggestions?

Warren I have the Dunlop SP sport A2 so far only 12k ( about 1/2 way to wear bar)but they are nice in all conditions for the stock size basket weaves 225X60 x15

Hi Warren

I have Kumho tires on E31 16" wheels and am very happy. Got them from Tire Rack and my indy installed them. It has been very wet during our alleged "summer" here in Michigan and the tires have been excellent in the wet. Good Luck.

Harry
    1991 535i + EAT + Sachs + MTech Sways =

Default I also like the Bridgestone 950s. They have them in 17" at Costco

The tire on the right is the 950 (235x45x17), the one on the left is the old 730 (?). I'm too lazy to go outside and check the tire, right now.
    Since you are in the Bay area, you may want to check out Costco. That's where I got them. Approx. $150/ea.
    Russ
    Astroboy

Default How has the noise been with the Bridgestones???

Eventually, I'll need to buy a new set of 17" tires for my 1991 535i. I've run Michelins for years and have had great luck with them. However, you do pay a bit more for Michelins. I've also looked at the Bridgestone RE950's. I believe they offer both H and V rated ones in 235/45-17. Which speed rating are yours? Have they gotten noisy? I used to have a set of the old 730's, but got to trade them back in to Tirerack because they got noisy. I believe that the grooves that ran to the edge of the tires didn't react well to the E34's rear negative camber. I really don't want to have that problem again. I am also very interested in the Pirelli P Zero Nero M/S. They've been getting great reviews at Tirerack. Anyway, any info regarding your experience with your Bridgestones would be appreciated.

Grace and peace,

Robert K
    1991 535i

i run a pair of bridgestone gIII's on the front of my 535i.Here is a link to a Bridgestone site in Aussie.I have found them to be very quiet and consistent.I have noticed that the car is more sensitive to tramlining since i put the bridgestones on the front.I am not going to pass judgement till i have a complete set.
    Gone but not forgotten

I put on a set of federal S595's last week. A friend recommended them, I got them for a good price and they perform great so far.

I agree with Robert K. about the Pirellis Nero Zero M/S. Don't know if I like the tread pattern or not, but the reviews as Robert says are top flight. They could be the next shoe for the M5.

I'm still running the Bridgestone Potenza 730's, and yes, they are noisy, the more they wear, the noisier they get. The new 750's are supposed to be quieter, but I don't believe it.

The heavy weight and camber values for the E34 doesn't make it tire friendly, especially with 17's.

Jr

I put on a set of Kumho ASX's three days ago and I like them a lot so far (not many reviews out there yet). Last night I drove through the monsoon from hell and the car was very stable at highway speeds. On the wet side streets I played with it a few times to see where it would break loose, and I really had to push it before my car started to slide. These tires replaced my Dunlop SP5000's which I thought were very good tires.

zmuff--1989 535i 5-speed--17" E39 Style 32's--JC chip--UUC Short Shift--
    --Racing Dynamics Springs & Sways--Bilsteins--Yorktown, VA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast