GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: boooo....just checked the r12 today, can the schrader be fixed in situ....

Default boooo....just checked the r12 today, can the schrader be fixed in situ....

i had the boss man at my apartment hook up some flushed out r12 gauges up to my car. humidity was 78 percent, temperature was 80 or so. he said it should be about 1 lb down or so (reading was not between the 63 and 75 listed in tis). its relatively cool, so long as you don't try to cool the car off after being parked with its windows up in the heat. anyway....he said that he thought that some could be coming out of the schrader, as when he disconnected the gauge from the schrader, little bubbles began to come out of the fitting (like a tire leak). is there some safe way that i could tighten things up (like a tire) without the risk of it getting worse or leaking its contents out? he has a "real" vacuum pump that i could borrow if worse comes to worse, but i don't have the funds to buy a new drier and switch right now. thanks.

ps...he also has a coolant recovery system in the office, i don't know if this would work with r12, or if it could hold the entire contents inside of it whilst i do repairs.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

they make this neat little tool that lets you swap a valve core inplace and fully charged, you just gotta find one in this day and age where r12 has been obsollete for 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    i had the boss man at my apartment hook up some flushed out r12 gauges up to my car. humidity was 78 percent, temperature was 80 or so. he said it should be about 1 lb down or so (reading was not between the 63 and 75 listed in tis). its relatively cool, so long as you don't try to cool the car off after being parked with its windows up in the heat. anyway....he said that he thought that some could be coming out of the schrader, as when he disconnected the gauge from the schrader, little bubbles began to come out of the fitting (like a tire leak). is there some safe way that i could tighten things up (like a tire) without the risk of it getting worse or leaking its contents out? he has a "real" vacuum pump that i could borrow if worse comes to worse, but i don't have the funds to buy a new drier and switch right now. thanks.

ps...he also has a coolant recovery system in the office, i don't know if this would work with r12, or if it could hold the entire contents inside of it whilst i do repairs.
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it