GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Cruise control

Default Cruise control

I have a BMW 525i touring from februari 92. My versions is without a cruise control and I like to install a cruise control. Does anybody have any experience with that and where can I get one ?

Thanks allready Gerrit

Gerrit, Simon D in York England is adding cruise control...in fact I owe him a few pics of the cruise control unit and the switched under the pedal grouping! I've been out of the country for several weeks but am back and will post some pics of what a cruise-control factory install looks like. Simon might be better able to tell you what is required to install an after-factory OEM system.

p.s. Simon, sorry I haven't got the pics to you earlier...unfortunately life is faster than my 540i is about now, but I am doing the Insp II this week and will get the pics to you soonest.

Cheers,
    Duey

1995 540i/6 Sport Pkg w/E.A.T. chip and Nikasil injection Duey's Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DueyT
    Gerrit, Simon D in York England is adding cruise control...in fact I owe him a few pics of the cruise control unit and the switched under the pedal grouping! I've been out of the country for several weeks but am back and will post some pics of what a cruise-control factory install looks like. Simon might be better able to tell you what is required to install an after-factory OEM system.

p.s. Simon, sorry I haven't got the pics to you earlier...unfortunately life is faster than my 540i is about now, but I am doing the Insp II this week and will get the pics to you soonest.

Cheers,
    Duey
    Great, looking forward to the photo's and the installing of simon. I will post my info if I can find any here in the Netherlands.

Gerrit

Still no photos or info... :s

Not yet :-( I was nailing 1100 s.f. of hardwood. 540 gets the stuff tonight or tomorrow and pics soonest after that! :-)

Cheers,
    Duey

1995 540i/6 Sport Pkg w/E.A.T. chip and Nikasil injection Duey's Gallery

York, England - an ancient walled city, founded by the Romans. Popular with American visitors!

Default Waiting for Duey...

Hi guys!

I bought my cruise control from ebay here in the UK for a modest amount of money. It included the column stalk, electronics module and the actuator which is essentially a second throtle cable controlled by the electronics box and column switch. I am waiting for a clutch switch and bracket as well as Duey's photos. All the wiring should be built in, you will find some in the electronics box for the module and the actuator plug on the throttle side of the engine.

There is currently a module being sold on the UK ebay site - search for BMW e34. Any problems/questions email me on simon.d@ubeney.com

Looking forward to the photos Duey. Many thanks.