GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Twisted driver's seat question...

Default Twisted driver's seat question...

Hey guys, first post here. I was at the midwest E34 meet this past saturday and saw lots of guys had a sticker that said bimmer.info... decided I would check it out.

Anyway, today I decided to tackle the problem with my driver's seat I've been having. The problem is that the back is never quite straight, no matter what angle the seat is inclined to the right side of it is always leaning back more than the left side.

I took it out of the car today and played around with the drive cables, it helped a bit but it's still not quite straight at any position.

I used this page as a reference to do the repair and was hoping someone could explain one quote that I've had a hard time understanding, I think it would be very valuable for me to figure out what this guy is trying to say... http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/i/miales/seatcablesfix.htm

If your seat is twisted leave one cable at a time off and run the other side up to the stop then disconnect it and connect the other and run that to the stop. The seat should now be in time. Just stick it in the hole and bolt it down and repeat 4 more times for the rest of the seat. the headrest is a little harder but is done the same way.
    Does anyone know what he's trying to say?

Quote Originally Posted by JAlfredPrufrock
    Hey guys, first post here. I was at the midwest E34 meet this past saturday and saw lots of guys had a sticker that said bimmer.info... decided I would check it out.

Anyway, today I decided to tackle the problem with my driver's seat I've been having. The problem is that the back is never quite straight, no matter what angle the seat is inclined to the right side of it is always leaning back more than the left side.

I took it out of the car today and played around with the drive cables, it helped a bit but it's still not quite straight at any position.

I used this page as a reference to do the repair and was hoping someone could explain one quote that I've had a hard time understanding, I think it would be very valuable for me to figure out what this guy is trying to say... http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/i/miales/seatcablesfix.htm

yes , if you look at the motor it has a cable for each side. What you need to do is take one cable out of the motor and recline the side thats still hooked to the motor until your seats are even and then put the cable back in. Of course you need to have the seat power harness connected to do this.

darron
    [IMG][/IMG]

Woah... what a practical explanation. Looks like I should use more common sense sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by JAlfredPrufrock

I used this fixed and it worked perfect

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Brought back from the dead! :eek:
    1990 BMW 535i 5 speed - Black on Grey, LSD

i guess i could of added a few more words when i wrote that a couple years ago
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

That was a pretty damn good writeup

I used a cordless drill to reset my a$@ed up seat back because the seat itself wasn't in the car. Worked like a charm (might've been Don's suggestion, dunno?)

best, whit