GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: OT: but i know some of you are into Beemers: 87 K75?

Default OT: but i know some of you are into Beemers: 87 K75?

I have always liked BMW bikes and i found one locally and they are asking $3,200, it has 34k on it (1987 K75). Doesnt seem to have ABS. paint looks good, anyone know anything about these bikes? things to look out for etc? its been graged and seemingly well maintained but is missing a side cover... any thoughts? is a 17 yr old BMW bike a bad idea?
    TIA
    Jason

I was thinking very seriously last fall about picking up a K100... never did. But, here is a link to a VERY good site that covers everything about the three cylinder K75 and the four cylinder K100. It's a big site with lots of info including mods and maintenance. From what I've read, the K75 is actually smoother than its big brother. I'm not real sure about the price, but I know I had no issues considering buying an older well maintained bike. Good luck.

http://flyingbrick.freeyellow.com/

zmuff--1989 535i 5-speed--17" E39 Style 32's--JC chip--UUC Short Shift--
    --Racing Dynamics Springs & Sways--Bilsteins--Yorktown, VA

Default thanks for that link

Quote Originally Posted by zmuff
    I was thinking very seriously last fall about picking up a K100... never did. But, here is a link to a VERY good site that covers everything about the three cylinder K75 and the four cylinder K100. It's a big site with lots of info including mods and maintenance. From what I've read, the K75 is actually smoother than its big brother. I'm not real sure about the price, but I know I had no issues considering buying an older well maintained bike. Good luck.

http://flyingbrick.freeyellow.com/