GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: My 1994 540ia is totaled

Default My 1994 540ia is totaled

Once again my girlfriend wrecked my car. This time only 3 blocks from home. Who would have thought anything would happen in a trip around the corner? It’s totaled this time, even though it does not look bad. Broken rear axle, bent sub frame, torn oil pan. Lots of under carriage damage from bouncing sideways over an 10 inch curb.

Thanks to everyone here for all of the useful information and passion over the last 3 years. It’s made owning the car a great experience.

For anyone interested I have some spare stuff floating around that I’ll offer here before throwing it on ebay. Pardon the lack of detailed descriptions; I am posting this from work. Pictures and more detail will be available once I get home for anyone that asks. All offers considered:

4 OEM bottle cap rims with mounted snow tires (205/55/15 ???) can remember brand, half tread, and good condition except for one with significant curb rash.

2 stellar alarm remotes – one with signs of wear, one untouched. I believe up to three can be programmed per system.

OEM BMW head unit with weather band and changer control (have code)

OEM 5 disk changer with magazine that skips a lot – may be dirty, may be broken – no promises

OEM alarm (if I can find it) might be DOA - not sure what you can do with it - sold remotes a while back.

OEM tools from trunk tool kit – most of them anyway, not sure if anything is missing. Good condition except for the screwdriver which somehow wintered in my driveway.

Never installed valve cover gasket set for 540 (should fit 530 too)

Hood only bra in good condition - black, manufacturer unknown, with cutout for the hood roundel – should fit any e34 model.

Slightly used and stained e34 Bentley repair manual – get one now if you don’t have one already.

Probably have at least one oil filter floating around.

I may have a half quart of BMW approved shell transmission fluid for the 5-sp auto, if anyone needs a little and trusts it from an unmarked container.

I do not have access to the car for any other parts unfortunately, so please do not ask.

Shipping rates will be reasonable from Zip – 13790, figure just a few bucks except for the rims/tires. Pick up or regional delivery would be great for them. Anywhere around New York State or vicinity would probably be possible.
    email - acooper1@stny.rr.com

once again?! hmm sounds like its about time to replace that girlfriend along with that car

im emailing you about some things

Yeah, twice in one year. Maybe I should have gotten a new G.F.

Twice?! Gee...

Default should have locked her out with the obc code!!!

my bmw's & i are blessed my wife is an alert & careful driver.
    tim s.

A blessing indeed

The Bently, bra, Gaskets, Stereo, and Changer are gone (as long as payment comes though)

Default from "the girlfriend"

not funny travelfeet!!! Of course, you forgot to tell everyone that your good 'ole tires were bald... as the cop was nice enough to point out as the cause of the accident!

Quote Originally Posted by Travelfeet
    Yeah, twice in one year. Maybe I should have gotten a new G.F.

hehehe... Ahh... Bald tires makes a big difference... We just thought you were a very bad driver...

If you sell enough of her bra's, you might buy a better car or tires for that matter... hehehe