Hello, I recently bought a used sachs kit and its in the process of being installed by my mechanic. He always has the rear done and started doing the front. Upon trying to install he saw that the front will not fit my car. It will work for a 89-92 525, 535 and 540 or something along those lines. However it will not fit my 95 525i. He says that it is possible to fit it in and use washers and it might work, but I will hear a rattle. He said he could try getting some 540i strut mounts and fitting it but he was unsure if it would work. I have no idea what to do. Here is what I was thinking.

1.) Put the stock struts back on (they are blown but :P) and try to get 2 front struts that will fit down the road.

2.) Call up BMA see if they will sell me 1 front strut (I think the springs are universal not sure) and trade me for 1 so I would get two total. Because one of the struts is new and from BMA because the guy who sold it to me broke one upon removal, so bma sent me one.

3.) Buy the 540 strut mounts and let him install them ( which I dont really want to do because its not right, and I wont to sell/swap these ones to get the right ones).

I am not sure what to do and could really use some advice for this situation.
Thanks, Joe