GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Installed HID's- Now "Low Beam" Error Message.....

Default Installed HID's- Now "Low Beam" Error Message.....

I just installed a set of H1 8300K's HID's in my Euro Ellipsoids. Lights/ HID's work perfect- I now just get a "Low Beam" error message in the inst. cluster.

Anyone know how to get rid of error message? Do I need to trick the cluster somehow (jumper wire, etc...)...........

TIA For Any Help-
    Don McAdams
    McAdams AutoSport
    www.McAdamsAutoSport.com
    '95 E34 525iT
    '88 E30 ///M3
    '85 E30 325e
    Vero Beach, FL

Default this may help

all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default PERFECT! Thanks A Lot Winfred :) N/T

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    Don McAdams
    McAdams AutoSport
    www.McAdamsAutoSport.com
    '95 E34 525iT
    '88 E30 ///M3
    '85 E30 325e
    Vero Beach, FL

Mmm... that's another way of doing it.

Default Aren't HIDs plugNplay? Do they require a direct electical connection?

Aren't HIDs plugNplay? Do they always require a direct electical connection?

My kit went in easily. I plugged it in. I have a different error though... I get "PARKING LIGHTS" which makes no sense because i modified my parking lights to use the Euro City Lights.... and they are turning on. Everything turns on. I get the error even with the HIDs off... meaning the lightswitch in the middle position. It was my assumption that "PARKING LIGHTS" were the lights that were on when the switch was in middle and the turn signals on the front of the car were lit... my city lights light instead of turn sigs and so this never came on before, until after installing HIDs... any ideas?

No modification needed to hook up the ballast for the HID... plug and play. You don't need to hook up any separate electrical circuit for the HID but you do have to change the fuse for the low beam headlights to 15 amps.

The low beam error is easily corrected with a resistor/relay/fuse assembly. The above method is another way... but that look messy to me and if for some reason the relay go bad...

Let me get this straight... you mean you took out your parking light and just hookup up that city light? That's a no-no... fed law required your parking light to be lit... The reason why you get the error is because the city light bulbs alone does not have enough draw... so the computer sensed that you put the wrong bulb in there.

The computer will check all the bulbs regardless if the light is on or off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger
    Let me get this straight... you mean you took out your parking light and just hookup up that city light? That's a no-no... fed law required your parking light to be lit... The reason why you get the error is because the city light bulbs alone does not have enough draw... so the computer sensed that you put the wrong bulb in there.

The computer will check all the bulbs regardless if the light is on or off.
    Erm... no more illegal than having euro bumper strips. And this is silly because the city lights did not get the errors for the 6 months I had them wired this way before going HID.