GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: E34 525 or 530 v8

Default E34 525 or 530 v8

Hi, I'm from the uk and am currently looking to buy an e34 bmw. I'm not too sure whether to go for a 525 or 530 V8. I want to find an unmodified, manual version and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what i need to look for or whether someone has one for sale.

Thanks

Rob

Hi Rob,

I looked long and hard for a manual 530i Touring - rare as hens teeth! But I found one, and relatively unmolested. It's absolutely gorgeous! The previous owner added an original M5 body kit and throwing star wheels but other than that it is as BMW intended. So if you can afford the extra mpg I'd go for the V8 anytime, but it is widely recognised the 525 is the best all rounder (in the UK at least).

If you do go for the V8 make sure you see it started from cold, and with the drivers door open just rest your hand along the top of the door frame. Any more than a slight tremor then just walk away. Nikasil! To be honest though if you're looking at a 530 and it's done more than 70k miles chances are it'll be OK anyway.

Do get an FSH, make sure the air con freezes your fingers (if it doesn't you're looking at £600) and any wobble from the front wheels probably means new suspension bushes not just wheel balancing.

Good luck with your search and I hope you find a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by toby_forsdyke@hotmail.com
    The previous owner added an original M5 body kit and throwing star wheels but other than that it is as BMW intended..
    This I gotta see. Please post pics of your Touring

Quote Originally Posted by 530iTouring
    This I gotta see. Please post pics of your Touring
    Ok, as requested - apologies for the poor quality, I've got one of those camera 'phones. The car is gleaming (honest!). And before anybody tells me off, I know it's badged M5, but it is a 530, and I never tell anybody different, but it is noticeable how people treat you with so much more respect . . .

Cheers

Toby

those are htmls that you linked to, you need to link to a picture file (like .jpg, .bmp).
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Last edited by toby_forsdyke@hotmail.com; 07-27-2004 at 11:51 AM.

Default Toby, I really like your car. Thanks for posting the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by toby_forsdyke@hotmail.com

Yup, it's a good 'un. Both body kit and wheels are genuine, 'though when the kit was re-sprayed to match the car it was decided to leave it all one colour (as opposed to the M5's lower sills/spoilers being painted silver). I'm not sure about this 'though and may yet change it.

Latest changes include a UUC short-shifter, an auto-dim rear view mirror (once I've worked out the wiring. Seperate thread methinks!). Full overhaul of the a/c system, oh and it's coming up to its' next inspection service . . . and the wife is running out of patience!

Interior wise it has a genuine M5 illuminated gear knob and gaiter (all-in-one), genuine 3 spoke Mtech steering wheel, and Mtech instrument binnacle.

I wanted a 4.0 Sport Touring, but every one I looked at was knackered in some way or another. And although petrol costs nearly £5 a gallon (over $9) and insurance has set me back over £800 ($1400+) I'm a very happy chappy! Don't think I could ever go back to running Ford's again . . .

[drool]S'what I'm talkin bout[/drool]

Find me an M5 kit with the rear bumper for the tow package, and I am in your debt.

I am looking for
    bumper covers front and back
    sideskirts
    headlights
    rear passenger window shades
    Throwing Stars

have you considered the rear clear project yet?

If ever I see any I'll let you know - but then shipping from the UK???? As for the rear window shades I'm with you there! Clear rear lights? Hmmm, dunno. Quite like the contrast against the darker gray. But then again!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast