I have some quesions, and am also looking for advice.

1) Is there a known OEM substitute for the stock (6 disc) changer on a 1992 525i?

2) I've been ripping my CD collection to iTunes for playback in my car, but just recently the changer seems not to want to play back the endoded files and/or displays a peculiar "seek up" on the display when I want to change tracks on a CD. It's annoying, because sometimes this "seek up" routine forces a 20-30 second wait before a new track starts to play.

I've tried using different encoding schemes (within iTunes - e.g. "AAC", "MP3", ) different burning speeds, different media, etc.) - none of this seems to make a difference. Thus I'm assuming the newer versions of iTunes (I have music from the older versions of iTunes which seem to play OK, but I'm not able to go back to that version for reasons I can't get into here) are encoding in a way that my nearly ancient CD changer can't handle. Note: these CD's seem to play OK on my CD player at home, so I think this is eiether a hardware problem, or software incompatability.

3) Has anyone tried an iPod in their 525, with the adapter that lets it play via the radio.

**Any** other suggestions are appreciated (different software, different changers, other MP3 players, etc.). I love to listen while I drive, and am looking for something that creates a seamless experience, instead of constant frustration.

Thanks.