GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Problems...540/6

Default Problems...540/6

Could anyone tell me what the "Brake Pressure" means and how it's fixed and what the light above it is? This is for a 540/6

Thanks in advance

aussie 540i Guest

the light above it is either is showing that your asc is turned off or is not working. the button near/above your gear shift turns the asc on/off . ... push the putton on/off with the motor running, if the light in you dash does not turn on/of in cohesion the asc is not working and the light on the dash is telling you this .. if it is not working the car can still be drivin normally but the asc (anti traction control will not function....the main thing is you really need somebody to look at your brakes...good luck, you have chosen a wonderful motorcar..

aussie 540i Guest

P.S> the other signal showing to the right is you brake warning signal...did you get an owners manual with the car?

Quote Originally Posted by aussie 540i
    P.S> the other signal showing to the right is you brake warning signal...did you get an owners manual with the car?

the red light is brake pad wear sensors.. meaning either a sensor is damaged (common) or the brake pads are worn too low. Coincidentally the brake pressure light pressure light could be on if your fluid is low and the brake pads are really low causing the piston to be out farther than normal... either way, you need to get your brakes looked at.

Thanks guys. As for the 'you have choosen a great car' comment; it's not mine... I am asking for a friend.

check the brake fluid level, also the fluid could be a cause why your ASC is not working. I can't remember if the ASC uses the ABS to slow wheelspin.
    1995 540iA M-Sport - 76k miles. 1 of 1 auto AW3 cars.
    1995 540i/6 - Misc Parts donor for above.

Quote Originally Posted by bimmerd00d
    check the brake fluid level, also the fluid could be a cause why your ASC is not working. I can't remember if the ASC uses the ABS to slow wheelspin.
    I believe the ASC is brake-assisted...