GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: how does one remove the cigarette lighter socket.....

Default how does one remove the cigarette lighter socket.....

don't worry, i looked in the etk already, it isn't descriptive enough to do it without messing up the socket. i've been burning up an increasing number of 30 ampere cig lighter fuses in the past couple of days....almost went out and got a circuit breaker so i wouldn't have to deal with it any more. anyway, got fed up with it, and sprayed some PB blaster followed by a brake cleaner rinse in there (as i didn't have contact cleaner, and it was just pissing me off too much). problem hasn't come back in 4 days, so i'm thinking the socket had something to do with it. i'd like to remove it and polish it out with brasso or such. any suggestions? TIA.

oh, and if it seems like i've been asking too much as of late, i'm just trying to get all of the kinks ironed out of the car by december, and, right now, i have a sizeable amount of free time and availability to half decent workshop environments.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Ryan, did you ever get this straightened out?

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

a bath in contact cleaner and brasso+rag polishing fixed it. i never figured out how to get it out.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."