GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This incredible summertime "itch"....

Default This incredible summertime "itch"....

It's getting to the point where I don't even enjoy summer anymore because of the incredible "itch" I get when the weather is nice, and I know how nice it is in the fall with a bike. Sure would like to have an R1100RT...or even this one would do!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jr ///M5
    It's getting to the point where I don't even enjoy summer anymore because of the incredible "itch" I get when the weather is nice, and I know how nice it is in the fall with a bike. Sure would like to have an R1100RT...or even this one would do!!!

Depends on where you live. There's a few dirt roads around here that make the GS the "itch" of choice.....

freezin ass cold WI formerly freezin ass cold MN

I know what you mean, We were at the dealer a couple weeks ago. 1150RT is a liitle ( ok a lot) for me at only 5'6" but the F650CS fit pretty well. Nice picture, what model is that?
    95 540 six speed, Rondell 58 wheels, nothin else special
    79 911 SC - pea soup green

It's the "plain jane" R1100, I believe this one is a '99 model. I sat on one today, felt very balanced and light underneath. Can't imagine the RT model, at 6'1" I think my knees would hit the fairing. Very comfortable position on the R1100 though.

I grew up running on the dirt roads and logger trails, once the front wheel goes into that rut at speed......used to have a propane torch at home so I could straighten out the handlebars =)

It's hard to decide which one I like best, the looks of the R1100RS are great, then there's the R1100RT which is my favorite so far, but the R1100S with the tailpipes out under the seat is growing on me. Ten to twelve G's for a new 1150 ain't gonna happen.....but a nice, well taken care of '96-'99 can be had for 6-8k, which ain't gonna happen either, but it's fun to look!

kind of where I am at Jr...love to look and would love to have one but the other side of me knows the risk. There are just so many rotten drivers out there...the odds are stacked against you on the street...particularly in this age of cell phones that are allowed in my state while driving which is an abomination. That said, there is no bigger rush than winding on a superbike and hence my hunger continues. I really like many styles of bike including the some of the radical customs.
    George

Truer words were never spoken George, the allure of winding roads beckons the call, but all it takes is one priss in a SUV yacking on the cell phone to cripple you forever.

Watching Speed on TV, the Hondas are mopping up the track with unheard of acceleration and handling that belies anything on earth. Just watching them race at Road America, Sebring, or any other track that they'll visit this summer, makes me "tense up" as they carve their way through the curves at remarkable speeds. The RR1000 Hondas are $10.9K and race ready with 180 hp pushing 370 lbs....they'll do 100mph in first gear!!!

I think that's more than this ol' bod can take. Good thing they didn't make 'em like that when I was younger....=)

IMHO is there was ever was a definition of brass balls...it has to be the young kids that pilot those superbikes around closed coarses at break neck speeds. I watch them in amazement. Formula 1 is something to behold but these guys do it on two wheels.
    Unreal.
    George

Default take the M5 out to the track

or a driver's school.
    that'll scratch the itch.

Was watching them go 'round the Nuremburg (sp?) for Europe's Superbike Competition, at 210 mph a Japanese rider wiped out. He was going straight down the track after a turn and the rear end started to shimmy. The poor guy looked like a rag doll as he flew through the air, bouncing off the track. After what seemed like an eternity, when he finally came to a stop, the rescue teams were there RIGHT NOW......soon, he waved his arm and the announcer stated, "He's alright".......I'll bet the medic tied his arm to a stick and waved it for him....

Yes, it's an unbelieveable spectacle to watch those brass ball young 'uns.......

Jr

Hey Mike,

I took the 318iS to an Autocross and it just pissed me off....=)

Jr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast