GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Seats Question - I do not understand ETM

JoeS. Guest

Default Seats Question - I do not understand ETM

I have been reviewing the Bentley,TIS, and ETM. The ETM and the bentley do good job of showing the wiring configuration of the seat, I can not seem to be able to find the configuration/layout of the the main wiring harness/connector that connects up to the seat from the car.

I have the front seats out of an '89 e34 535i and mine are in a '90 e34 535i, and there are different pins that are active ( usable in the harness). Both sets of seats are heated and have the same power motors and swithes. ( no memory)

My car has two more wires ( lite blue/white and lime/black) that are active in the connector.

WHY WOULD THEY BE DIFFERENT WHEN THE SEATS ARE THE SAME and WHERE DO YOU THINK THIS CONNECTOR CONFIGURATION IS DOCUMENTED???

About the only thing I know about the harness connector is that is the B120002.01 style.

I am feeling rather dim on this one..

JoeS.

the "lit" leads are probably for other options available during assembly. I have like 3 sets of leads that hang out in there and i can guess that 2 are for heated seat bottom and back, the other one might be the memory? Im not sure if I followed your post but hope this might help.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

there are only two wires that matter, the power and ground, they can be seen in the 2nd and 3rd up from the bottom pictures
    http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/i/miales/rockingseatfix.htm
    the memory seats have way different plugs then regular seats, just plug them in and they should work fine. now on the later 93-94 and up cars have some airbag stuff going through there for the seat belt but the early stuff doesn't matter, if it bugs you swap the harness from seat to seat it's not hard
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it