GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go with the Hunter GSP-9700!!!

Default Go with the Hunter GSP-9700!!!

I know it's sort of old news, but I just put a new set of tires on my 530. Had them balanced on a GSP-9700 and can't believe how smooth the ride is. Best $ I ever spent!!!!!

Find one in yor area by using the link below.

http://209.176.154.132/pub/search/FindGSP9700.cfm

Default It might be old news but you did the right thing.m=>

Performing dynamic balancing thorugh road force measurements is the best way to get the wheels balanced. I'm a strong believer in this. So many have posted some sort of vibration they've experience while driving, and usually it turns out to be a tire/wheel-related problem. I posted a site a while back that gives technical data on wheel vibrations and the associated harmonics with each type of vibration. You are one of a few who is on the track...

grrr...
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

That's the exact reason I tracked down one of these balancers. I had some vibration issues that I suspected were tire/whell realted. They looked at me a little funny at the Chevy dealer though!!! The tech said, after balancing the tires, "Those Germans can build cars!" He could not believe my car had nearly 150k on it and still ran so well. The "lug bolts" as he called them freaked him out a bit!

Yeah, I looked into that... the only place with one near me is an *******-filled GM dealership. I hate that place- bunch of pricks. My family's bought about 4 cars from them, and they're the stereotypical domestic dealer- I could practically hear the sneer of the guy on the phone when I told him what kind of car I wanted to bring in to use that machine.

The local guy who mounts my tires uses an old-ass dust-covered machine, low tech and all that, but i've never had any balance issues. Been up to 110 on my last set and it's been smooth as silk. I think the operator plays a large part, and this guy's been doing it for longer than I've been alive.

Custom Turbocharged 1991 535iM - 135k mi.

Default I hate these kinds of sites

that take me hours to go through because I have to read it all!
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

huh ? the link is to a search page?
    anyway i didn't even know my local
    place had one! i've been going to them
    all along hehehe =]

Default now you have to get them to use it,

from what I just read it seems like they need to have a masters in Hunter. I dont think most operators of these things will be as knowledgable at using them as they need to be so that leads to the next problem lol. I'm just one of them people that just cant get a proper job done on my car. Went to discount 17 times now and to this date they didnt use that thing to calm me down yet....retards. Now that I read all thet maybe I can show them how it works?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

cool i have like over 25 of them within 10 miles of my house. i always go to discount tires anyways.

I'm not sure but I think just because a place has one and uses it, doesn't mean they are doing the "Road Force Balance". I am taking mine to a Firestone today that has one. To do the "Road Force Balance" they charge $130, regular balance is only $30. On the "Road Force" they find the best wheel and tire combo for the correct "Road Force". This means they will dis-mount the tires and try them on other wheels until they find the best combination with the least amount of weights. My experiences with discount tire would lead me to believe they are only doing spin balances. Even if they have the GSP-9700 they are only spinning your wheels, not loading them with force. The load is what simulates real-road driving. If you are getting a "Free balance and rotation" I doubt if they are doing the whole job. If you're not sure you better ask.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast