GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: V12 in an E34

Unregistered Guest

Default V12 in an E34

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if the M70 (5.0 v12 from an e32 750 and the e31 850) will shoehorn into a e34?

and if it will - what would you expect would have to be changed to get it in there...

E34 525i 1990 M20 Manual

Thanks

Steve

theres only one guy known to the e34 community that has actually done it. theres a few threads on in in the archives. do a search. from what i remebmer, you pretty much gotta change the whole thing.

i've looked into doing it, you need a 750 parts car because so much stuff is needed, the abs pump moves to behind the left headlight, the braking servo system needs to be converted from vacuum to hydrallic (vacuum booster won't clear the motor) need to install the eml system (unless the euro cars could be had with a throttle cable instead of the electric servos, at which point i want this setup) plus the tranny and i am not sure what it will need for a driveshaft. you end up rebuilding the car from the firewall forward with 750 parts

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if the M70 (5.0 v12 from an e32 750 and the e31 850) will shoehorn into a e34?

and if it will - what would you expect would have to be changed to get it in there...

E34 525i 1990 M20 Manual

Thanks

Steve
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Don't you think a 540i car is a better candidate for conversion? I know our brake servo is right behind the headlight... and the throttle I believe is also electric servo...

the 540 deals with traction control with a extra throttle plate, but still uses a cable control for the fuel injection, the early cars do traction control with eml (electronic motor linkage or something like that) it takes place of the tps icv and cruise servo and gives the computer a way of limmiting power during wheel spin, as far as i know all 750s and some 535 had this as a option
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

i thought about a rover v8 is this any easier?????
    [IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Fjord\Desktop\image094[/IMG]

the later rovers had bmw m62 v8's

Quote Originally Posted by uk525isport
    i thought about a rover v8 is this any easier?????

the later rovers are basically bmw's in a rover shell. my (soon to be ex) girlfriends dad owns the local mercedes dealership and has one. i think its kinda oxymoronic to own a mercedes dealership and have a bmw engineered product be his daily driver. hmm well hes also got 3 AMG's, a 360 modena, and a shelby.. :/

Default Soon to be ex? Why dont you marry her so you can drive all of her dad's cool cars!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil M
    the later rovers are basically bmw's in a rover shell. my (soon to be ex) girlfriends dad owns the local mercedes dealership and has one. i think its kinda oxymoronic to own a mercedes dealership and have a bmw engineered product be his daily driver. hmm well hes also got 3 AMG's, a 360 modena, and a shelby.. :/

lee Guest

Default confused?!@

I don't understand this *need* to put a V12 into an E34 body. Is this really "bimmer.wearedragracingbaby.com"? With the additional weight, let alone complexity, how would the car handle? Then again, maybe you don't care how it handle?!

If you really NEED more power, why not sell your car and get an M5 or a 540i. Not enough power? That's sad.

May be if everybody took the time and money to attend a driving school or even a car control clinic and LEARN how to drive you car, you might learn to enjoy your cars.....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast