GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My baby goes under the gun

Default My baby goes under the gun

This is going to be another before and after story. In the next month or two my '92 525i is going to undergo a major face lift. I am going to but on the M3 style kit from erebuni (I know there quality is suppost to suck, but i like the look and have a body shop at my disposal to fix it if it cracks, so for the price it isn't bad), wider hood and front grill, euro ellipsoids and euro trim. Im also goin to have it painted. Im pretty sure my mind is made up on a midnight blue similiar to that found on the e39 M5, i love that color. Im not %100 on that, the other two choices goin through my mind is black, or repaint the calypso. Any ideas or suggestion to help ease my mind, its such a tough decision. Im glad im not a women and don't have to worry about this every time i go out for the night.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default heres what I think

first, if you change the color I feel it will be difficult to do because you have to remember the trunk, under the hood, the door jams, interior of the doors etc etc etc. If those arent done proper and in a quality fashion you will have a crappy looking BMW.

I would re-do the same color with a quality job.

as for the body kits I think most people on THIS board would agree:about this
    This is in no way a plug but a serious matter in front of us.
    Last edited by 632 Regal; 07-13-2004 at 04:53 PM. Reason: .
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Trust me, there i nothing that pisses me off more than seeing a honda with enough aftermarket fiberglass to make a transatlantic cruiser and have nothing done to their 1 litre 90 hp engine? in front. Except maybe the bimmers on that page. As far as the color goes its a quality shop and im not worried about that changes to the door jams trunk or even the engine compartment. I know the guy doing the painting and i might keep the stock color just to make it easier on him.

kinda reminds me of a Hendrix song...I gave her the gun...I shot her.
    Good Luck,
    George

As someone in the wilder days of youth who changed the color on several cars, I would urge you to keep the stock color. My first BMW (a 1969 1600)went from silver to light metallic blue to metallic copper (don't ask, I blame it on too much drinking in college and I'm sticking with that story) and finally to white. It was only after I pulled the motor to paint the engine compartment did I feel the white paint job was done. And to be honest, even then I wished I had kept it silver in the first place. Good luck.

Curt.
    1994 530iT
    Alpine White II and loving it.

Ill keep that in mind. I always loved dark colors on the e34s, and i figured id make myself a little different since it wasn't going to be stock. Im gonna have a talk with the guys down at the shop and see what they think, i guess if they say go with stock i will.

Incantation^ Guest

Default Important

whatever you do, make sure you have the entire car painted.. including the mouldings and door handles. i had my 535 done and i tell you it looks like a new car. email me incantation@dccnet.com for pictures

maybe a darker more unique red...a deep burgundy color. Keep the sidemarkers, just go clear with them, they accent the clear blinks nicely.

I have an extra wide greel in the attic if you want it. It's hwy chipped but not broken. My favorite bump cover is still the M5 M-Tech but they are hard to find. Which bump cover are you looking at?

Thats a good idea, ill have to look at the shade book and see what i can come up with. I was looking at the erebuni style 712, i love the m-technik as well but, as you said hard to find and expensive. Is the wide grill the complete assembly or just to crome kidney's? I would love it either way. Email me at bjl4776@hotmail.com. Thanks

Talk to the paint shop today and they convinced me to keep stock color. Cost would be twice as much in both paint and labor, pretty much made up my mind, plus i need the car to soon to take out the engine and paint the engine compartment. She'll still look 100% better and be sure to turn some heads.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast