GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Rant about "Unregistered" and "Guest"

Default OT: Rant about "Unregistered" and "Guest"

(On soapbox) Folks,
    Is it really that hard to register? I understand guest logins, as sometimes your cookies are gone, but, I find it difficult to engage in a post from someone who is Unregistered, a guest, and who does not even leave a name to refer to. It makes it difficult to direct a response back to them, depending on which thread view you're using.

For the sake of sanity, how about at least signing some sort of name at the end of your posts, even if it's not your real one. I had to go look at an ebay listing to see who was posting their car for sale, for pete's sake (and no, it wasn't Pete!)

(Off soapbox.)

Bill B.
    Bill B.
    95 525i

I agree wholeheartedly. Register people! it only takes a few seconds and its free! And youll establish a personality on here rather than be some anonymous sap. Humans were not engineered to be anonymous. Declassify yourself!

pwalk10 Guest

Default I'm registered .. but not logges in

I've been registered from the beginning (Pwalk100), but I can't stand the way the forum looks (and operates) once you log in. I really like the unregistered function (similar to the other boards I'm logged into) and I've tried everything to duplicate it with the view settings, but to no avail. Until someone tells me how to do that I'll remian un-logged on.

-Phil
    Pwalk100

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by billb
    (On soapbox)
    For the sake of sanity, how about at least signing some sort of name at the end of your posts, even if it's not your real one. (Off soapbox.)

Bill B.
    No problem, Bill.

-Elvis

Default Yes, it all gets soooo confusing....

A week or so ago, two unregistereds were arguing with each other and I swore it was my schizophrenia acting up again! No I didn't. Yes I did!

Yes, at least have the courtesy to sign a name to your post. Any name, just something to reference you by.

Brian C.
    There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. -
    .............Ansel Adams

i shall be graceful enough to increase my relative "bombasity" by changing my user name from ryan roopnarine to "Texas with a dollar sign" if that helps. i'm a little concerned about all of the sniping that seems to be going on under the unregistered moniker as of late.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Default Fine Mr. Mayor.

:d
    There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. -
    .............Ansel Adams

never ceases to amaze me

Texa$$ Guest

somebody watches family guy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    No problem, Bill.

-Elvis

Unregistered Guest

Default i agree and apologize...

but i also agree that i dont like the way the forum looks when i sign in. I am registered and i actually can't figure out what my password was. I also apoloize because that was probably my car you looked at on ebay (pretty aint she?) But I am registered as tetsuo48. Nice to meet you

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast