GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Fault Code 1215 resolved...I think

Default Fault Code 1215 resolved...I think

Since the 1215 code has to do with the AFM, I first checked all hoses to see if there were any air leaks. Lo and behold the 4" hose between the AFM and the throttle body (on the intake tracts) had a large cut underneath where the clamp was holding it down. Luckily I had ordered all the hoses for the intake, last year (from BMA of course), and had all of them on hand.

I think what happened was under low RPM operation (<2K) the vacuum from the engine would calapse inward and leave a nice sized hole to suck in air after the AFM causing surges, etc.

So far there is no more "Check Engine Light" and the idle seems to be a bit more smoother.

One thing I seem to not be able to do is to clear fault code. I followed the instructions from Bruno's site. I waited for the "1000" code, but my car kept repeating the offending code. So I never saw the "1000" code. Any suggestions??

Adrian

it should clear the code on it's own if the problem is fixed, it takes around 50 starts without a repete of the problem and the code will be purged, the light should be off now if it's fixed
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it