GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Poll: Oh... hmmm... i can see a lot of polls in our future....?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ok, so once we have a bunch of posts.....(m)

Default ok, so once we have a bunch of posts.....(m)

...then there will be a whole row of new posts... and you will click on the thread to read the responses...
    On the normal board sometimes i like to just read the subject of the response and go to it instead of opening the original post...

Quote Originally Posted by gordon
    ...then there will be a whole row of new posts... and you will click on the thread to read the responses...
    On the normal board sometimes i like to just read the subject of the response and go to it instead of opening the original post...
    This system works quite well. Quite a few other boards use it. Have a look at www.maxbimmer.com for an example. I like the fact that if you post something and someone responds, you can get an immediate email telling you there was a response to your subscribed thread. (and a link to click on that takes you directly to that response)

Also, the old board really only displays about 2 days worth of posts. (unless you search the archive) Here you can look at months of info. As soon as someone replies to an old thread, that thread becomes more visible again.

Another thing: on the old board, if someone does not see your post in the roughly 2 day window that the post displayed, (at which time it falls off the botton of the display) the chance is that they never will. In this system, the post will be easily visible much longer.

I think that once people get over the "fear of change" they will realise this format is much more useful.

Mark

How come we can only vote once? What kind of Democratic board do we have here??? ....

Thanks for the valuable feedback Mark. I like it too. I've got to wonder if maybe we could still incorporate borth styles somehow. Maybe like the technical archives thing I was playing with. Hmmm, we'll come up with something everyone likes, I hope.

just a test to see wether this thread pops to the top after a reply
    Gone but not forgotten

it did
    Gone but not forgotten

+ Reply to Thread