GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice - scam from the classified section

Default Nice - scam from the classified section

Nowhere is safe... I have an ad in the classified section of this board, got a nice "my client will send you a cashier's check for xxx and you will need to refund the difference vias Western Union.." reply. Sad, really...

Mail follows:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Linda Bruno <brunolin1@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
    Hello,
    My name is Linda Bruno,am interested to buy your kit,pedals, linkages, shifter, master & slave clyinders, flywheel,please i want you to give me your last price,hope to hear back from you.

------------

<> wrote:
    Linda,
    I can sell the whole setup for US$350 + shipping. However, if you're in the UK, shipping could be expensive.
    Mike

---------
    Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 08:29:17 +0100 (BST)
    Subject: payment and pick up
    To: ***

Thanks for your mail,I have spoken to my client and he has instructed me to inform you that payment will get to you in a cashier check of $3,600 which is a refund payment of a cancelled order earlier made by my client.so you are required to deduct cost of the kit,pedals, linkages, shifter, master & slave clyinders, flywheel i.e $350 when payment gets to you and refund balance $3,250 to my Agent via western union money transfer for him to be able to offset shipping charges. Since I reside in Fulham, London.
    After payment has reached you and balance sent back to him,our agent will come and pick up title and take it to a prepaid shipper to be shipped to my customer,while title papers and other necessary documents will be sent to you via fedex courier to my customer. My client could send the check to you through fedex courier immediately. Please forward your full names, address and phone number ..

Thanks
    Linda
    Last edited by MikeV; 03-06-2011 at 10:07 AM.
    1994 530iA Sold
    2003 FX-35
    1991 MR2 Turbo

id be accepting their payment, see what happens LOL. Title? They didnt read their reply very close.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Get the check, put it in an interest bearing account until they take it away. Get a shipping address then clue the UK authorities in.

Then send them an empty box and declare the value as $2500 so they have to pay import taxes on it.
    1992 535i TCD-s2

Yeah, if I were to accept the "check" and deposit it, I'd get hit with returned check fees when it finally was found out to be bogus... and they have no reason to give a real address, methinks they're a bit more interested in the "refund" via Western Union.

Yeah, this is like a scam form letter, you'd think they'd at least read it first. Like - who's buying this? Who is the agent? Title ?? my kids could do better than that.
    1994 530iA Sold
    2003 FX-35
    1991 MR2 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Then send them an empty box and declare the value as $2500 so they have to pay import taxes on it.
    yeah... like I said, they aren't interested in whatever I'd ship.
    And if you fool around and send a box of junk, the carrier (especially if Fedex or UPS) might just deliver it first and attempt to collect duties/fees later.... and then charge them back to me when no one pays.
    1994 530iA Sold
    2003 FX-35
    1991 MR2 Turbo

Default I received an inquiry email this week from linda bruno for some wheels.

Like I'm gonna ship a set of wheels to the UK. There was no mention of overpayment by nigerian bank check.
    erased due to slander

Default You have a title for your spare parts?

[QUOTE=MikeV...Since I reside in Fulham, London.
    After payment has reached you and balance sent back to him,our agent will come and pick up title ...

Thanks
    Linda[/QUOTE]

Now that's class!
    Robin

72 Chevy K10
    01 E39 M5

I got the same thing, from the same person. The crappy grammer keyed me in immediately (and, how often do you see a woman on a BMW enthusiast site?? )

Custom Turbocharged 1991 535iM - 135k mi.

Default now thats what Im talkin bout!

Quote Originally Posted by rickm
    Get the check, put it in an interest bearing account until they take it away. Get a shipping address then clue the UK authorities in.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast