GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engine Swap Question...

Default Engine Swap Question...

So tonite I was out...and my friend dropped by with his 330ci with a performance package....he just got a gruppe m carbon fiber intake installed and this baby sounded sick taking off.

That made me soo jealous...cuz my 525i is really harsh and slow. Now that I'm working and saving money...and investing...I was wondering how much a real engine swap would cost. I like the body style of the 525i, plus if I keep it...I'll look more unique than all the 3 series out there...and still be able to keep up. I don't want to get another 5 because I've already thrown money into the car with replacing stuff and I know its in good condition. So what do you guys think would be a good engine to throw in that will give me insane speed? So I can get a feel of what I need to save up for, that is if I decide to go for it.

Sell it and buy a 535 or a 540.

Go to Metric Mechanic and look at their 3.7 and 3.9s....sick speed there with no forced induction issues..

haha as much as this will piss people off, LS1 from a Camaro or Corvette and a 6-spd. LS-1 weighs less than the 540i motor, and has more hp. As much as i hate to say it, i think that motor in the E34 would annihilate anything.
    1995 540iA M-Sport - 76k miles. 1 of 1 auto AW3 cars.
    1995 540i/6 - Misc Parts donor for above.

Where is metric mechanic?

So most engines can probably fit into the e34 engine bonnet then?
    Sry rick I don't wanna sell the car...because I already tried...no 1 around her wants to buy an e34...the market just doesn't seem to like them. I think bmw has a reputation of having lots of problems after about 100k and ppl in cali know that.

Some questions,

What year 525i do you have?
    How much money are you willing to spend?
    How much power do you want ultimately?
    Do you have another vehicle to drive for a month or so while a swap takes place?
    Brandon J

My 525i is a 1991,
    How much I'm willing to spend....is anything...because if I like the idea ultimately I don't care how much I have to spend...
    How much power? Enough to toast my friends 330ci, G35, and Accord v6 six speed. I probably want something that can do maybe 6.0 seconds realisticaly. As for another car...yup I have extra cars at home...a van and a benz...no 1 else drives except for me and my dad.

Can all of those engines fit my engine bay? I want something that will make my car haul ass...I see a m5 engine in there...HEHEHE I want that...its 10k lol....Ok THATS IT I'm saving up....screw lights, body kits, .... already ordered my springs...but once I get those installed no more spending money on anything until I get my engine!

ummmm....i dont think any of the 8 cylinders will cause of the brake booster setup, do more research before you order one up.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast