GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: warren or any electrical people, what can you use to re cal. a ohm meter...

Default warren or any electrical people, what can you use to re cal. a ohm meter...

this one i have is showing about +/- 5 ohms on the 200 ohm scale in a closed loop (using the leads as the only circuit) . i would like to check this ballast resistor to see if it is suitable for aux fan use, but i'm getting about 1.5 ohms, and i know about .2 of that is leads. is there some common household object that i could re zero this thing on, or perhaps a cheap way (a specific composition resistor) that i could use to somewhat accurately set this thing??? TIA.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

cant you take it apart and adjust the spring with a small screwdriver? Whats up with the leads? looks like your getting 1.3 ohms on the balance resistor, whats the resistance supposed to be?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

there's a marking i didn't see before, engraved on the resistor is a 1.2, so i guess i'll assume thats ohms. ill go back and see if the 4 post one can be wired as to give the proper resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    cant you take it apart and adjust the spring with a small screwdriver? Whats up with the leads? looks like your getting 1.3 ohms on the balance resistor, whats the resistance supposed to be?
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Default The extra resistance is likely caused by oxidation of

the metal of the connectors on the test leads.- Both where they plug into the meter, and at the probe tips. Cleaning these should get rid of most of it, and more important, give you a stable closed circuit reading of perhaps 0.5 Ohms. Once you get to that point, you simply subtract the resistance of the test leads from any reading you take.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    this one i have is showing about +/- 5 ohms on the 200 ohm scale in a closed loop (using the leads as the only circuit) . i would like to check this ballast resistor to see if it is suitable for aux fan use, but i'm getting about 1.5 ohms, and i know about .2 of that is leads. is there some common household object that i could re zero this thing on, or perhaps a cheap way (a specific composition resistor) that i could use to somewhat accurately set this thing??? TIA.

The measurement of the resistor may itself vary a little since you're not dealing with a Mil spec item.
    Ramon
    1994 540iA Nikasil EAT Chip
    Tampa Bay, Florida USA