GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Are ther any tricks to getting the front seats back in?

Default Are ther any tricks to getting the front seats back in?

It came out with no problem but i can't get it to hook in at the same time. I don't see how i could have bent the rails, i never adjusted seat when i saw that it started to twist. the only time i reclind it was when it was unbolted so it was free to move. I have had the seat out once before to run stereo wires and i don't remember it being this hard to get back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason
    It came out with no problem but i can't get it to hook in at the same time. I don't see how i could have bent the rails, i never adjusted seat when i saw that it started to twist. the only time i reclind it was when it was unbolted so it was free to move. I have had the seat out once before to run stereo wires and i don't remember it being this hard to get back in.
    I found that you need to plug in the power harnesses, and slide the seat back almost all the way (back as in i you were sitting in it) to get the hooks latched. Gotta be careful though, you might need to slide it back, unhook the harnesses, get the rails into their hooks, then plugin the harnesses again; I found my harnesses didn't reach that far back

Owner - Willamette Valley Motor Sports, LLC

Default I have it plugged in and slid back, but i cant get it to hook...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun
    I found that you need to plug in the power harnesses, and slide the seat back almost all the way (back as in i you were sitting in it) to get the hooks latched. Gotta be careful though, you might need to slide it back, unhook the harnesses, get the rails into their hooks, then plugin the harnesses again; I found my harnesses didn't reach that far back

I just fixed the twist in the drivers seat last night..... I remembered from the passenger seat that you really have to tip the seat farther forward then you think.

also, if you've not taken the head rest out, be sure to do that, it'll give you a lot more clearance when tipping forward. To take the head rest out, just yank straight up.
    Former: 95-530iM

Current: 99 GMC Seirra 1500

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipJCaputo
    I just fixed the twist in the drivers seat last night..... I remembered from the passenger seat that you really have to tip the seat farther forward then you think.

also, if you've not taken the head rest out, be sure to do that, it'll give you a lot more clearance when tipping forward. To take the head rest out, just yank straight up.

ditto that,
    I had to tilt the pass seat all the way and kind of rock the seat on.

darron

Default Im having issues, i have to clear just mm on the hooks for the seat to drop in

should i file it or something?i cant seem to bang it in. i dont know whats going on and im kind of pressed cause i need the car this afternoon...