GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: batterys dead cant open my doors please help!

Unregistered Guest

Default batterys dead cant open my doors please help!

Somebody please help me. My battery is dead and i can't open the doors to pop the hood. I know i read on here somewhere that there was a way to do this but i cant find it. If somebody can help me please do i would greatly appreciate it

Default Use the key in the passenger door...

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Somebody please help me. My battery is dead and i can't open the doors to pop the hood. I know i read on here somewhere that there was a way to do this but i cant find it. If somebody can help me please do i would greatly appreciate it
    Lift the handle as you turn the key (to the right I think). Jiggle, lift, turn, lift, turn harder, jiggle some more, repeat until the door lock pops up. Then you can climb inside and pop the ol' hood.

- Robin
    Robin

72 Chevy K10
    01 E39 M5

Unregistered Guest

Default no such luck

i just tried it but im getting no response at all, anything else i can try?

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    i just tried it but im getting no response at all, anything else i can try?
    You can pop the hood by inserting a long flat head screwdriver thru the grill on the RH side of the kidney(you looking at it).difficult for me to describe the exact loaction but if you shine a flashlight in the vicinity you will know the location.
    insert the screwdriver fully and turn.

Unregistered Guest

Default if i pop the hood and...

connect a charger to the battery that should supply power so i can unlock the doors right?

yep

Unregistered Guest

Default can anyone describe the way of popping the hood

through the kidney grill that the guy was talking about? The only thing i see through the right grill is a small hole near the middle (between the grills) and i stuck a screwdriver in there and its not catching anything i can keep pushing the screwdriver in until im about to lose it through the grill but its not hitting anything. am i even in the right place?

That's like asking how to break in cars... If you can't do it... then jack up the car and hook up the positive to that big starter cable... you don't need big monster jumper cable hooked up there... but a good size wire with alligator clip. and ground to chassis using battery jumper cable

Unregistered Guest

Default well thats basically what i was asking

as i have spent the last 2 days trying to break into my own car. I couldnt jack it up
    because of where it is parked. But anyway i got in last night, i had to break out the metal paneling in the trunk where the fold down partition is. Man what a pain in the ass this has been. I think my alternators shot now too. But thank you to all that gave their suggestions and tried to help me out. I appreciate it