GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: For the Record on PBR and AXXIS...

Default For the Record on PBR and AXXIS...

PBR and Axxis is NOT, I repeat, NOT the same stuff. I know this because I have both brands... I originally started out with PBR MetalMaster, oh, 11 years ago... then I went with Axxis...

PBR has a fine grey dust that dust 1/2 as bad as OEM but Grey... Axxis is ZERO, again, ZERO dust. I can drive for 400 miles and it would be like 3 days of PBR. I thought maybe they improved the compound so hence the great dustless pads of Axxis.

People keeps saying PBR and Axxis is the same company.... well, Their pads are NOT! It was the same dusting characteristics as the PBR pads I had 11 years ago... grey dust. Both the PBR Ultimate and PBR MetalMaster

I just put PBR Ultimate on my car and PBR Metal Master on rear... I haven't even driven 80 miles and my wheels are already dusted with grey dust. Freaking great... I hate it already. Braking perfomance of Ceramic is quieter than Axxis Metal Master... the grips is not same... I think Axxis Metalmaster has a more sure feel to it whereas Ceramic feels more like regular pad.

Freaking great... now I have to start cleaning wheels... what a waste of my freaking money.

hmm..i get very little dust with my PBR metalmasters. strange.
    Bellevue WA
    90 535iM - not much stock remains. 3.7 liters, ported head, cammed, 3.73 diffy, M5 brakes, MAFed, yadda yadda yadda
    86 Porsche 951 - Track Toy

dont the rotors have somethin to do with the amount of dust that is produced? just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff N.
    hmm..i get very little dust with my PBR metalmasters. strange.

How would you define little dust?

Fix your tranny yet?

haha...that's a good question huh? Well, seems like I can drive locally for about a week or so before my silver, powdercoated 850 rims get sorta gunky appearing. They *never* look like Jurids or Pagids or similar. Very light dust after one week vs. those.

If I swipe my finger on the front rim after about 3 days, I can see a streak but it's only noticable because I swiped it otherwise it wouldn't look dirty really.

BTW, this is on the fronts only. My rears hardly ever get dirty...couple weeks maybe?

Idda know...does this help?
    Bellevue WA
    90 535iM - not much stock remains. 3.7 liters, ported head, cammed, 3.73 diffy, M5 brakes, MAFed, yadda yadda yadda

Default btw, that's with non-slotted rotors...

Bellevue WA