GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: What are the chances I need new seat motors?

Default What are the chances I need new seat motors?

flipped the passengers seat over cause it was twisting, tried pulling the cables, everything was in there tight, so i figured the motors were out of sync. I tried to flatten the seat in attempt to sync them but that only made the problem worse, so now my seat is flat and virtually useless. any suggestions? If i need a new motor, does anyone have an idea what they go for?

thanks,
    Jason

In the archives should be posts from Winfred with pix on how to fix.

Default I forgot to add...

whats basically happening is that the one side is not going up and seems to be pulled up by the other, hence the twist. all other functions work, headrest, tilt, back/forth. when i disconnect the white connector, the seat still reclines, but when the black one is disconnected i get nothing. when i tried a different white connector i got an altogether different function...

Default I checked those, they adressed the cables, but they seemed ok...

is that the definitive fix?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason
    whats basically happening is that the one side is not going up and seems to be pulled up by the other, hence the twist. all other functions work, headrest, tilt, back/forth. when i disconnect the white connector, the seat still reclines, but when the black one is disconnected i get nothing. when i tried a different white connector i got an altogether different function...
    I just spent a couple hours doing this repair yesterday, so it's fresh.

You indeed should check the drive cables coming from the motors, and not the power/switch function wires you mentioned. Winfreds write-up was dead on, even for my car which is newer and has slighty different seats (sport seat, which I'm guessing has the same carriage and frame as the regular for the most part.)

You'll need to actually remove a couple screws (8mm hex) and tilt out the motor that controls the recline function, and pull the drive cable. If the outer sheath is too long, the drive cable inside won't be engaged by the motor, and you'll get the problem you stated (same problem I had, and others; thus the write-up.) You really need to remove the drive cable to check this though, simply looking at the outer sheath will not suffice as it will appear to be OK.

Owner - Willamette Valley Motor Sports, LLC