GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how much would a re-upholstering job be for an e34??

Default how much would a re-upholstering job be for an e34??

I was thinking of getting my 525i re-upholstered. I know that the price range is wide depending on which material is used, but what can one expect to spend to achieve an oem-like quality??

concidering just the front seats cost anywhere from 500-1200 dollars...
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default Used parts....

You need to remember the E34 cars are not some limited production exotic where you need to reproduce each part you need. There are many many cars in junkyards with more arriving daily. Fixing up collision damage on one of these complex German beauties is so costly you don't need to hit much to have the car totaled. Check around for decent used stuff, you will never duplicate OEM quality without spending huge $$$

Good luck,

John
    1995 525im

Before trying that, you may wish to consider two probably less expensive and easier options:

1. "Leatherique" or similar re-dying of leather. Do a search here, as some folks have had "like new" results. You can find their posts and ask them directly for suggestions, pics., etc..

2. Buy a whole new interior or only those parts you need, from Bimmer dismantlers, eBay, posting WTB notice here, etc..

Default Massive amount?

I found some place on the web that had OEM quality leather that they would stitch to fit my 2-piece rear seat assembly. I would have to install it and the ready to install pieces were, gulp, $1000.00. Um, HOLY CRAP!
    Could you imagine what the whole interior would run?
    Bavarian in Sacramento sells the 2 piece leather E34 rear seats in very good condition, used for $200.

I swapped my abused rear seat for a 'like new' 2 peice unit for $100, and I got a 'like new' rear door card with arm rest for $100. (My car carried a mini moster in the back seat at some point) Got them both from Aurora Auto Wrecking in Seattle. I would try to find a local german/BMW wrecking yard and part together what you need.

i bought 2 m5 seats for less than 500 bucks
    =]

Quote Originally Posted by bahnstormer
    i bought 2 m5 seats for less than 500 bucks
    =]
    Where did you manage that?

Default US $ 600-700 in Germany

This was just completed this week on cpl. seats for an E39

Was done by a very small upholstery company at -I believe- special price, incl. material. Usually it should be more expensive.

I bought an entire M5 sport seat set (front/back) and door panels at the junkyard for 180 euro or 240 us dollars. It's like a sore dick, you can't beat it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast