GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Suspension hight

Default Suspension hight

i recently put some new 17" on the baby, the ride feels great but i had notice that front end is way too high compared to front. is it advisable to put lowering springs on the fronts only or to do rears as well. rear end looks great i want org ride comfort but a little lower any ideas/pics

The front will normally have a higher ride height than the rear. However, lowering springs will lower the fronts almost twice as much as the rear, so it doesn't hurt to go with new springs front and rear. You may want to also add new struts, via a package like the Sachs kit, or an HR/Bilstein package. Both will run you around 600$.

Also, I think that larger wheels tend to exaggerate the gap between the top of the wheel and the fender, or at least make it more noticeable.

Custom Turbocharged 1991 535iM - 135k mi.

i've got H&R fronts, stock rear springs and it's fine
    1995 540iA M-Sport - 76k miles. 1 of 1 auto AW3 cars.
    1995 540i/6 - Misc Parts donor for above.

Your best bet and best buy is the Sachs kit from BMA at just over $600. It is matched for the E34 and will provide the best ride for the dollar. It's just a no-brainer. It works. www.bmaautoparts.com
    Mike Holbrook
    Meridian, Idaho
    1992 535im, 17", Euro M5 Throwing Stars 8's & 9's, FK-451 235/45s & 255/40s, M5 Sway Bars 25/20, Conforti chip, Lowes Ram Air, glass sunroof

I have it and I really like it. I get many comments at my local mech. shop about it. Go for it. It is about a 2" drop front and back.

Quote Originally Posted by mholbrook
    Your best bet and best buy is the Sachs kit from BMA at just over $600. It is matched for the E34 and will provide the best ride for the dollar. It's just a no-brainer. It works. www.bmaautoparts.com
    1991 535i + EAT + Sachs + MTech Sways =

Quote Originally Posted by AllanS
    The front will normally have a higher ride height than the rear. However, lowering springs will lower the fronts almost twice as much as the rear, so it doesn't hurt to go with new springs front and rear. You may want to also add new struts, via a package like the Sachs kit, or an HR/Bilstein package. Both will run you around 600$.

Also, I think that larger wheels tend to exaggerate the gap between the top of the wheel and the fender, or at least make it more noticeable.
    thx i think i'm going for sachs all round

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by warmboy
    thx i think i'm going for sachs all round
    i just put a sach kit in.. it was only 1 inch in the back and about 1.4 in the front.. tire sits nicely tucks under the fender, but there is still a gap of about 1 inch so there's no rub, and it handles amazing