GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: The 134a works better and faster than I expected

Default The 134a works better and faster than I expected

Had my first drive to work with AC in a long time this morning and I have to say that it cooled faster and got cooler than I expected. we'll see how long this lasts. I used it while on the highway without the aux fan working. Im afraid to try it in traffic. but the needle stayed dead center. taking it back on tues to get that checked out. If it is a resistor is that a DIY (they said it wasnt a fuse already)?

Also getting checked out on tues: had the guibo changed and now it sounds like a baseball card is stuck between the spokes of a bicycle when i drive slowly, any ideas? could it be a peice of exhaust shielding hitting something? did the exhaust not line up right when they put it back?

Regards,
    Jason

sounds like a piece of heat shield hitting something, definately something that might have just been accidentally overlooked in your mech putting things back together. the resistor is definately DIY, if that is indeed the problem, all it takes is a crescent wrench or pair of pliers and knowledge
    of how to bleed yer cooling system to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason
    Had my first drive to work with AC in a long time this morning and I have to say that it cooled faster and got cooler than I expected. we'll see how long this lasts. I used it while on the highway without the aux fan working. Im afraid to try it in traffic. but the needle stayed dead center. taking it back on tues to get that checked out. If it is a resistor is that a DIY (they said it wasnt a fuse already)?

Also getting checked out on tues: had the guibo changed and now it sounds like a baseball card is stuck between the spokes of a bicycle when i drive slowly, any ideas? could it be a peice of exhaust shielding hitting something? did the exhaust not line up right when they put it back?

Regards,
    Jason
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

couple screws and a couple yellow butt connectors (or solder and shrink tubing) on the resister
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

nevermind about the resistor, was thinking about the aux fan switch on my radiator, the one that engages the aux fan at a certain temp.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Default So i don't have to bleed anything? Will mr. Bentley help me?

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    couple screws and a couple yellow butt connectors (or solder and shrink tubing) on the resister

the resister is mounted on the lower portion of the aux fan at about 4:00, the thing that ryan was talking about is the coolent switch on the right side of the radiator, it doesn't really deal with the ac system it's more for the motor's health if the fan clutch dies
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it