GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: selling my baby

Unregistered Guest

Default selling my baby

1990 525, black on black, 18" BMW parallels, 180k. New red/white tail lights, smoked corner turn signals, new upper and lower control arms, shocks, idle valve, timing belt, air filter. 5 spd manual. Runs, drives great. Not perfect but no major flaws, sure as hell don't look like a '90. Anyway I would rather it went to someone who knows and loves this car. I'm asking $5,500 and I'm in the DC area if anybody is interested. To be honest I wouldnt sell her if I wasn't about to leave the country and needed the money.

Unregistered Guest

Default oh yeah...

and a brand new alpine stereo

Unregistered Guest

Default damn, no interest?

is there a reason why? anyway I'm going to get some pics together but if anyone is interested and in the DC metro area I'm willing to let you come by and take a look at her. Just let me know

Try putting some images online and post it at different places, here, roadfly, etc. The more the merrier.

Default And the reason why is...

The people who read this board mostly ALREADY HAVE E34s and do not require another.

Suggest autotrader.com (Pick the RUN TIL IT SELLS option, and dig in for a long wait.) Also list it FREE on bimmer.org. Another free place that works great around SF Bay is craigslist.com. May not be as good in DC, but for free- how can you lose? Unless you are very lucky, expect to take 3 to 6 months (or more) to sell your car. E34 ownership is lot like getting married. Once you tie the knot, you are HOOKED, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    is there a reason why? anyway I'm going to get some pics together but if anyone is interested and in the DC metro area I'm willing to let you come by and take a look at her. Just let me know

Unregistered Guest

Default damn thats not good at all...

I just put it here because i know anybody who comes to this board loves these cars an I know I was on here lurking around before I actually bought mine but I appreciate the feedback. I certainly hope I can sell it faster then that my time here is very limited. I may have to take a loss.

Default You can't tell how long it will take to sell until...

someone buys it. You could get lucky. The more exposure you give it, the better your chances. I've sold only one BMW, a 1999 E46 328i manual. I started advertsing 11/01. Only two people phoned and only one looked at it- that was 3/02. They bought the car. The buyer saw the ad on bimmer.org.

Best to remove any mods and sell them separately, here. That is easy, and should bring good money. Then, your car will be worth a little more and sell faster, if stock. Funny, everyone wants to mod their car, but few people want to buy a car with mods on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    I just put it here because i know anybody who comes to this board loves these cars an I know I was on here lurking around before I actually bought mine but I appreciate the feedback. I certainly hope I can sell it faster then that my time here is very limited. I may have to take a loss.

And register so people can send you email if they have any questions.
    Ramon
    1994 540iA Nikasil EAT Chip
    Tampa Bay, Florida USA