GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here's a pic of the new autozone duralast gold brake pads, they

Default Here's a pic of the new autozone duralast gold brake pads, they

say that they are going to produce them for as many models as they can as soon as possible.. I've put 2 sets on in the last week and they feel pretty good, no squeal, each pad is separately wrapped in rust preventative paper, more attention to detail in manufacture , For my customers that want to spend less , these are about half as much as raybestos qs in cost and they have a lifetime warranty.. Just put some on a dodge 3/4 ton truck they were 26.00 for the fronts. But no bmw applications yet....

what does "lifetime warranty" mean on brake pads currently? just curious, as my unkle bought some brake pads from them in the early 90s and stil can return them for new ones...i take it this is not the case anymore.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Default From autozone thats exactly what it means

Since all auto parts manufacturers seem to be going away from the lifetime warranty i was quite surprised that autozone offered it with these..they must be pretty confident of them.. I also have a number of customers from the early nineties that have lifetime warranty autozone parts on their cars..no problems on warranty exchange.. My 68 firebird had a lifetime jc penney's battery in it, complete with the credit card looking card you keep in your wallet for it... back when penney's was dumb enough to have a lifetime battery warranty.. went through about 10 batteries over a 20 year period..

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    what does "lifetime warranty" mean on brake pads currently? just curious, as my unkle bought some brake pads from them in the early 90s and stil can return them for new ones...i take it this is not the case anymore.
    Last edited by Bill R.; 07-02-2004 at 09:53 AM.

Auto Zone is okay, just stay away from their brand of pads and such. Lifetime warranty on those seems pretty good.
    1995 540iA M-Sport - 76k miles. 1 of 1 auto AW3 cars.
    1995 540i/6 - Misc Parts donor for above.

Are those shims on the back side there???

what the the heck are brake shims for anyway??
    Former: 95-530iM

Current: 99 GMC Seirra 1500

usually they have some teflon on them that helps dampen vibration (squeel)

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipJCaputo
    Are those shims on the back side there???

what the the heck are brake shims for anyway??
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default Yep, here's a little info on some of the rationale for shims..

Here

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    usually they have some teflon on them that helps dampen vibration (squeel)

wow! great detail..... Looks like I shoulda put in those shims that came with the raybesteos I installed a couple of weeks ago... I hear a slight squeel every now and then.... but nothing too bothering....
    Former: 95-530iM

Current: 99 GMC Seirra 1500

hmm...I go thru about 3 sets of front pads a year. I wonder how long it will take for them to quit giving me pads. Of course, they need to make them for the 535 first!
    Bellevue WA
    90 535iM - not much stock remains. 3.7 liters, ported head, cammed, 3.73 diffy, M5 brakes, MAFed, yadda yadda yadda
    86 Porsche 951 - Track Toy

Price sounds great, particularly after getting RAPED to the tune of $103 on a set of 394 & 396QS'. Are the Duralast gold semi-metallic? Do they make any claims about dust? Bill, do you remember what the 2 digit DOT friction code is?

Paul Shovestul

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    say that they are going to produce them for as many models as they can as soon as possible.. I've put 2 sets on in the last week and they feel pretty good, no squeal, each pad is separately wrapped in rust preventative paper, more attention to detail in manufacture , For my customers that want to spend less , these are about half as much as raybestos qs in cost and they have a lifetime warranty.. Just put some on a dodge 3/4 ton truck they were 26.00 for the fronts. But no bmw applications yet....
    .....Got to keep the loonies on the paath.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast