GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Code 1215 - Air Flow fault - do you guys...

Default Code 1215 - Air Flow fault - do you guys...

have any suggestions how to troubleshoot?

Symptom: sometimes (3 times over 3 days) at idle, the check engine light comes on and it starts to idle a little rough and the engine has about 25% power. However, when I rev the engine past 2K RPM (in neutral or under load - dosen't matter) the fault goes away and everything is fine.

I checked the manual and it shows how to check (via multimeter) the MAF, but has anyone ran into this problem?

How often does the MAF go bad? I'll check the MAF per manual and for any air leaks in the intake system. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Adrian

Default Any takers?? Suggestions??

Quote Originally Posted by Daskoff
    have any suggestions how to troubleshoot?

Symptom: sometimes (3 times over 3 days) at idle, the check engine light comes on and it starts to idle a little rough and the engine has about 25% power. However, when I rev the engine past 2K RPM (in neutral or under load - dosen't matter) the fault goes away and everything is fine.

I checked the manual and it shows how to check (via multimeter) the MAF, but has anyone ran into this problem?

How often does the MAF go bad? I'll check the MAF per manual and for any air leaks in the intake system. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Adrian

Default Hey Adrian

Our 535s do not use a MAF, but a vane type AFM instead. I have never had problems with mine.

A long time ago on Roadfly there were some threads about adjusting the vane b/c for various reasons. From what I gathered at the time, it's not something that likes to be tinkered with..........I eventually tuned out of that discussion. Maybe a search through the archives there will prep you until someone here, who knows what may be happeneing, pipes up.

Default Thanks Scott ....will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott H
    Our 535s do not use a MAF, but a vane type AFM instead. I have never had problems with mine.

A long time ago on Roadfly there were some threads about adjusting the vane b/c for various reasons. From what I gathered at the time, it's not something that likes to be tinkered with..........I eventually tuned out of that discussion. Maybe a search through the archives there will prep you until someone here, who knows what may be happeneing, pipes up.

There is a nice, detailed AFM troubleshooting and adjusting write-up on 745i.com...

http://745i.scottiesharpe.com

you can usually clean the carbon trace and other contacts inside with a non residual solvent and get it working again, i've had good results
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default Thanks all for the advice. This'll be my project this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    you can usually clean the carbon trace and other contacts inside with a non residual solvent and get it working again, i've had good results