GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Where to buy angle torque tool?

Default Where to buy angle torque tool?

Sears doesn't have one, and neither do any of my local auto parts stores. Any good sources online to get one of these things?
    1992 535i TCD-s2

I canabalized a .99 cent protractor from Payless Drugs.
    Bellevue WA
    90 535iM - not much stock remains. 3.7 liters, ported head, cammed, 3.73 diffy, M5 brakes, MAFed, yadda yadda yadda
    86 Porsche 951 - Track Toy

autozone and discount had them in my area, they are sold under the OEM brand name. i'd suggest you go look in autozone in the wrench section (where the brake spoons, noid lights, et cetera are sold), its likely there. if they have a loaner tool section, i am almost positive that any autozone has them in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Sears doesn't have one, and neither do any of my local auto parts stores. Any good sources online to get one of these things?
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Default That's exactly what I'm gonna do when...

I put my m30 head back on. Still got a protractor from my drafting days. If it's big enough, you can rig it so that you can insert a ratchet extension through a carefully drilled hole to fit the socket, and tape prtr to part of block. Then do the appropriate turn.

No luck at Auto Zone. How do you do this with a protractor? Just put the extension through it and use that to read the angle? Seems easy enough...
    1992 535i TCD-s2

i called the autozone nearest my apartment, not the one i bought the part from, and they found it in two minutes. the man there says it is an angle meter

the brand is: OEM
    the part no that autozone can look it up under is 254-24.

hope this helps, maybe.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Cool, thanks. I'll try again.
    1992 535i TCD-s2

i'm not sure what your plan will be if they tell you they still don't have it...i might get fed up too, and just use the protractor. it should be between 8-10 dollars. if you give up, just remember that they are ********ting you, as it seems that every autozone with a wrench section has this item.

Sure enough, called the store back with that number and suddenly they had it. Thanks.
    1992 535i TCD-s2