GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Sad days at Paul's house - Crushed the 535iM

Default Sad days at Paul's house - Crushed the 535iM

Well I've totaled the the 535i this week, I'm sooo sad. I am now looking for a new e34 and was considering this M5:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

What does the board think? What are the gotcha's with the M5 specifically.

Thanks in advance!!!
    Paul

Paul, that place is less than 2 miles from the house. I looked at that white m5 a few weeks ago. It has a glass moonroof. Are you ok with the light grey interior? There were no glaring problems with the test drive.
    erased due to slander

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=n&cardist=288

saw this 94 Euro edition M5 on auto trader for about the same price. heres the ad:

1994 BMW M5 - WBSHC91030GD63960 3.8 liter 340 hp Euro version, Sterling silver w/ Black Buffalo leather, all options, 51K miles, very fast, excellent condition, $24,000

Aside from having the front wheel covers swapped left for right it looks to be in good shape! Hey, what's wrong with a light gery interior?

Cheers,
    Duey

1995 540i/6 Sport Pkg w/E.A.T. chip and Nikasil injection Duey's Gallery

Default Wow, I love this board! How fortunate that you've seen

the car. So you drove it as well? When you saw the car what were the down sides?

I know.. I thought that looked different. Maybe they like to go fast in reverse?

I like the light gray. But what other cars of pre 95 come with black interior? None other than BMW

Default It was in good shape. There were some scuffs & dings.

The throttle had alot of resistance, understandable with those multiple throttle plates. I've driven other m5's with throttle pedals that were lighter.

The steering wheel seemed very big, coming from my car, with the mtech2 wheel. The seats were great. They allowed for a bit more headroom, an issue for me. The glass sunroof was great; love that thing. I did like that the rear seat was a full bench, without the usual m5 rear console.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D
    the car. So you drove it as well? When you saw the car what were the down sides?
    Last edited by Martin in Bellevue; 06-26-2004 at 04:42 PM.
    erased due to slander

Default Sounds like something to go for. I'm having a hard time paying

$7K over blue book though... So was the trans tight and performance good? An evidence of damage or leaks? Any indicators on the condition of the cooling system (rust, signs of overheating, etc.) Is the a/c working? Does that year have r134a? I'm ok with the interior. Your opinion is very valuable to me because of the immaculate condition of your car. I know that you have very high standards!

Default The ac wasn't as cold as I thought it should be; it was sitting out all day.

This place has a reputation for getting above market price on cars from uninformed buyers. I wouldn't buy a car sight unseen over the bay. Maybe Strictly BMW could arrange an inspection & compression test for ya. http://www.strictlybmw.com/

I think a car like this should be purchased from an enthusiast with passion for the car, a pile of receipts, and a known relationship with a good independent shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D
    $7K over blue book though... So was the trans tight and performance good? An evidence of damage or leaks? Any indicators on the condition of the cooling system (rust, signs of overheating, etc.) Is the a/c working? Does that year have r134a? I'm ok with the interior. Your opinion is very valuable to me because of the immaculate condition of your car. I know that you have very high standards!
    erased due to slander

Default Thanks Martin! Good insight on the dealer and I'll contact Strickly BMW on Monday.

I pulled carfax and this looks like a two owner car that lived in WA most of it's life with a couple of years in TX. It's been on the market for about a month. We'll see... Thanks again for your help.