GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: more OT: 850i qstn....anybody knowledgable about e34 sunroof "transmission"?

Default more OT: 850i qstn....anybody knowledgable about e34 sunroof "transmission"?

the owner says that the sunroof will open, bind, and then close again, and to him, it seems like its a motor related problem, not a mechanical one. called up our good friends at BMA about a replacement for it: says it has to be special ordered and it will cost AT LEAST $430!!! can anybody tell me which wires i can power up directly on the bmw sunroof motors to test for basic operation? TIA
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

You mean, like to hotwire it, ie. bypass the switch?

Custom Turbocharged 1991 535iM - 135k mi.

when i got there, the "actual" owner said that there was nothing wrong with the sunroof (as it was wide open). i have other problems that im trying to help him with, so its good that this is a problem that "doesn't exist".
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."