GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Stripping clear off M-Parallels post 2022

Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    don't care, just install the wheels, after some thousands of miles there is enough brake dust which covers all this.
    Nah, he's into it now, the enthusiasm of a round of days toil every month is all that motivates Jeff between posts.

One day, those rears will pop up and he'll be telling us the magic method. Let's hope, for his sake!

Such a classic wheel for e34, the investment made won't be a waste, unless V.Putin makes us all a waste that is

It's almost as painful as our great friend in Munich, M539 Restorations - YouTube and his years of effort restoring that blown Alpina B12
    Last edited by genphreak; 10-06-2022 at 07:22 AM.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Using this thread to remember what grit I was on. Think I did 2000 2X but not sure so I'll start a new round of 2000 and then 3000.

I did spin these on the rear axle of the car and 2 are not quite round, marked the high and low spots with one of my kids crayons and made a jig to straighten them with a bottle jack. Some creaking and cracking sounds and stuff but not willing to put them back on and check. That part is just done.

My investing on buy and sell vehicles hit a road block this summer so I am broke, can't get tires so no big rush. Then I think about adding coolant and steering fluid every time I want to drive it... Things were different before when I had money and a working garage.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Nov 08 2022 and I walk by these things at least a couple times a week. I don't like them, they remind me of bad times or something. I think I will hit them again tomorrow, weather should be okay for a clear coat. I hope I can get to that point.

Looking back they didn't really look bad but to me after all the work they looked like shyt. I would choose the prior look over redoing the rears again. Then again I stripped the fronts so I am at mass doing it all again. Just a couple more grades of paper, and a clean, and a tape, and a spray of silver, and a cleanup, strip, and then a coat of clear. See this is really simple stuff after all.
    Last edited by 632 Regal; 11-08-2022 at 09:37 PM.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Weather turned to cold quick, very cold. Might hit the other fine grits, cant really do anything outside and the wheels are inside the garage. A little kerosene heater action and an hour or two. If I do anything. You can almost feel the motivation with this. I am so close but cant clear in sub zero temps. It is one thing I have to at least get done. 'Might' 'Maybe' 'if'. I got lots of excuses.

How lame am I? I Got to, GOT to at least sand that stuff tomorrow.

I just hope whatever it turns our like will be acceptable and help others. So far to me I am not impressed, lol. Go figure.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal View Post
    Weather turned to cold quick, very cold. Might hit the other fine grits, cant really do anything outside and the wheels are inside the garage. A little kerosene heater action and an hour or two. If I do anything. You can almost feel the motivation with this. I am so close but cant clear in sub zero temps. It is one thing I have to at least get done. 'Might' 'Maybe' 'if'. I got lots of excuses.

How lame am I? I Got to, GOT to at least sand that stuff tomorrow.

I just hope whatever it turns our like will be acceptable and help others. So far to me I am not impressed, lol. Go figure.
    Maintain.The.Rage!

Keep em coming. There will be beautiful pics at the end of this, I just know it...

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Quote Originally Posted by genphreak View Post
    Maintain.The.Rage!

Keep em coming. There will be beautiful pics at the end of this, I just know it...
    I hope so lol. Not sure if we're going to have anymore warm days to paint clear but still need to sand, buff, tape and spray that primer and Wurth silver paint. That Wurth stuff is the nicest silver I ever used. You can just spray it and it will be the same lame silver you see all over but if you lay a few light coats and then a thicker coat the flakes stand out really cool. Post 22 has pics but that doesn't do it any justice.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

04/30/2023 Next is 3000
    Reminder where I was.
    Only on rears, fronts polish right up.
    Last edited by 632 Regal; 05-02-2023 at 11:46 PM.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

Are those my old M-Parallels? Nice.

A Bimmer Nut '99 Z3, '06 330cicm zhp, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com

Not the Borbets lol.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal View Post
    Not the Borbets lol.
    Oops, been a long time.

A Bimmer Nut '99 Z3, '06 330cicm zhp, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast