GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paint day coming soon

The pictures make a great addition here. So generally speaking, start with 80 - 120 grit US?

deleted air conditioning

Quote Originally Posted by Rustam View Post
    The pictures make a great addition here. So generally speaking, start with 80 - 120 grit US?
    That was 120, going to do the top with 80.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

So today I was thinking about a primer coat. Thinking not doing cause I am absolutely anal about everything. Took all the badges off and license plate and lights etc. washed it good. Might sand but changed my mind after reading about the cheap TCP spray gun I bought last year. People saying that it is full of grease that needs to be cleaned out. No biggie 20 mins should be mint... WRONG. Can take everything apart but the air mixer part. Thing wont budge.

I am on borrowed time man, powersource is bad in this PC so doing what I can.

Name:  Locktite.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  56.3 KBName:  Filing.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  46.7 KB

Heated it up with a torch and it came loose. It was held by loctite probably due to the surface of the sealing area. Inside... Yep full of grease. The seating surface is jacked so I filed it a bit and decided to use spray gasket for it to work.

Anyways hopefully tomorrow I can sand and prime the trunk. Really want to get an idea how this new cheap china gun works. I used to have an old Dodge Boys gun from my uncle but some lowlife stole it. Just the handle, not the cup... whatever.
    Last edited by 632 Regal; 10-24-2021 at 06:53 PM.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Been real cold here. If anything before winter it be a paint and hide thing. I want a garage back. This sucks.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

Yeah well, no garage sucks. Got the trunk primed but not going to sand anything until I can. Got a set of staggard M-pars so that gives some motivation. Still beating myself about the garage thing. Everything sucks about it. The existing has a stanchion in the middle of it holding the top from collapsing and it is sinking through broken concrete. I need to address this ASAP. Even after I fix that no room for a car. Driveway concrete is about a 12 inch pitch from front to back. It's all wrong lol.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12