GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: What's up w/ my OBC???

Default What's up w/ my OBC???

Got in my car this morning and started it, whew... then looked over towards the OBC to check the time of day. And to my surprise, there was nothing on the display...hummm...now what??? I then turned on the cars lights. Looked over and all of the buttons were lit on my OBC and although it was not as bright as normal, I could see the time of day. Any ideas? Do I need to replace a bulb or the entire OBC? TIA.
    '94 540I A (149K miles on orig. Nik motor) & EAT enhanced

Most probably the bulbs are gone...there are three of them and the procedure is well-described on bmwe34.net:

http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/mainte...nel_lights.htm

Whew...that's good news. So, are these bulbs available at your local automotive store? or do I need to contact BMA?

I need P/N...spoke w/ Yves @ BMA and his ETK indicated a hole bunch of bulbs required for the OBC. The instruction at bmwe34.net do not give P/N info. Can anyone help me and Yves figure out which bulbs I need to puchase? He said there is 3 of one type and I believe he said 6 of another type and an unspecified amount of a third type. I am assuming I need the type that comes in a quantity of three, but I need to verify before ordering. Thanks.

if the number of buttons on the obc in the picture matches the number on your obc, this is the one you need.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSpeedLimits
    I need P/N...spoke w/ Yves @ BMA and his ETK indicated a hole bunch of bulbs required for the OBC. The instruction at bmwe34.net do not give P/N info. Can anyone help me and Yves figure out which bulbs I need to puchase? He said there is 3 of one type and I believe he said 6 of another type and an unspecified amount of a third type. I am assuming I need the type that comes in a quantity of three, but I need to verify before ordering. Thanks.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

forgot to say....would venture to say that most american market cars have this obc, the top o' the line model like the 540 should have it.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Thanks Ryan! Yep, that would be my OBC... Not that it matters a whole lot, cause I'll be placing the order shortly... but, how many bulbs should I be ordering? Does anyone know? bmwe34.net indicates three bulbs, but the ETK above shows four...hummm???? I will play it safe and get four, but there does appear to be a discrepancy.

The stuff shown at the bmwe34 link...was that for the OBC or the temp control lighting? I think it's temp control....there are 3 bulbs in there for that.

ya might wanna consider this
    http://www.nmia.com/~dgnrg/page_36.htm

Default OBC bulbs

The ETK shows the wrong part number. The correct number is 62 11 1 368 299 if they look like this:

http://www.nmia.com/~dgnrg/page_36.htm

They were 70 cents at the dealer last time I got some, get 3 of them.
    gale
    92 735i 5-spd, turbo project finally underway!