GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looks like Geico may have gotten wise to a ticket or two I got...

TC535i Guest

No home here... still living with the 'rents (23 years old, good luck affording a house in San Diego... working on it tho!)

Got a quote today, for the 325es and my 535i, 100/300/100, 5k medical... under $800/6 mo, with Mercury. May just do that, liability only... and be REALLY careful for the next year till I get my CA good driver discount (only 1 point on my record), and can afford comp/collision for the 5!

is that why you were at anthonys? you changing careers? i saw your car there a few times last week. dont think you saw my car because i came in at 9 and leave before 12:30 but i had the other alpine white, my car had the tstars on it.

oh yea mercury is pretty cheap but they kinda suck with claims.

Quote Originally Posted by TC535i
    San Diego, of course one of the most expensive places to insure a car in the US.

Couple speeding tickets, nothing over 100 tho. How far back do they check?

Ha - be grateful your not from Ireland my insurance costs 3300 EUR (equates to bout $4000) for a 520. And thats for a full clean license

TC535i Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC
    is that why you were at anthonys? you changing careers? i saw your car there a few times last week. dont think you saw my car because i came in at 9 and leave before 12:30 but i had the other alpine white, my car had the tstars on it.
    Yeah, dude!! I saw your car on my break a few times, you moved it too. T-stars, sidemarker in the fender trim, etc etc... def. saw it, nice ride!

Yup, I was taking a Series 7 prep course there, got my exam on Thursday!

Default I am going to have to sorta disagree

I had a claim with Mercury a couple of years ago and they handled it in a timely manner and to my satifaction.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC
    oh yea mercury is pretty cheap but they kinda suck with claims.

You get what you pay for. When my car was damaged, the guy at the body shop told me that Geico was pretty good, although the best were the more expensive ones like State Farm and AAA. He based his rankings on how much the companies would pay out for repairs. More money for repairs = better quality replacement parts (ideally, in reality it means the body shop gets more $$$).

He told me he had Mercury or 21st or something like that. The big ones are probably all fine; I would stay away from the companies that advertise in the fliers on your windshield (those of you in SoCal know what I mean).

dave
    93 525i

Quote Originally Posted by Scott E
    I had a claim with Mercury a couple of years ago and they handled it in a timely manner and to my satifaction.
    dave b
    93 525i
    156k +

This is why I go to the trouble to fight every ticket.

At least here in Texas you can get the ticket off your insurance record with deferred adjudication (the city gets the $$$, you don't get another ticket for 1-3-6 months, the Ins company doesn't see the ticket), if not outright dismissed (50% of the time for me) in court. It pays for itself on the insurance front, though you may have to show up in court.

For full coverage with $500K limits for 3 cars (535i, M5T, 540iT) I'm paying $1400/year
    -Matt P
    '99 540iT

Quote Originally Posted by Scott E
    maybe its just the guy i have, he would answer his phone about 25% of the time and never returned my messages.

good luck tim. i went there and i was like whoa thats tim collins' the guy in the yellow protege thinks his car was the best one around hahah.

Dont be afraid to call and ask for another adjuster if you feel the one assigned isnt getting the job done

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast