It appears that the original throttle switch on my 1991 535i automatic needs to be replaced. I've experienced some problems with the trans "banging" the second to first downshift when coming to a stop. I posted this problem a few weeks ago and was told a faulty throttle switch could do it because it feeds a signal to the tranny computer. I've tested the switch and know for certain that the wide open throttle switch is working only when it feels like it, and I'm wondering if other functions of the switch are also malfunctioning. The bad news is that Autozone, Advance Auto, etc. list a Bosch OE replacement part for $181 !!! To me, that's simply outrageous. I'm going to e-mail BMA tonight and also call The BMW Store in Cincinnati, which has given me pretty decent prices to see what they can do. I was also wondering if anyone who'd done the auto-to-manual tranny swap might have one of these switches laying around, since the manual tranny calls for a different switch. If anyone can help with an extra switch or a place with a better price, I'd appreciate the info.

Regards,

Robert K
1991 535i