GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: LED reverse lights always on.

Default LED reverse lights always on.

So i wanted better lights when going in reverse, since i cant really see that much with the window tint.

I got myself a pair of this

When installing them ... 1st problem. The right side has the polarity reversed. So the light wouldnt come on ... it took me a while to figure that one out. i got my soldering iron out, and reversed the cable connections.

They looked great, and really bright. All was looking good ... until someone told me ... hey your reverse lights are on all the time. I checked out, and yeah they were on. Quite dim, but on. I got my voltmeter and measured 5v in there. I puted back the original lamps ... and still measured 5v but they werent on. So i figured out this is the check panel sending 5v to test for burnt lamps. But since the LEDs work at low voltages, they were going on at 5v.

Now the question, anyone knows how to fix this? those lights are really great and i would like to use them. but i wont have them on all day long.
    Last edited by Coyote_ar; 11-17-2017 at 10:58 PM.

E34 525i '88

Maybe you can disable the check control module. LKM and CCM pinout http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/425247

Might just have to ad a resistor to solve it. I don't know how many ohm.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_ar View Post
    Now the question, anyone knows how to fix this? those lights are really great and i would like to use them. but i wont have them on all day long.
    Jeff is right. Get a potentioneter and attach in line with the new bulb. Adjust the voltage so it's off in darkness. For a simple take, figure maximum resistance of the potentiomter should be twice that of the new bulb - this way you have a range of maximum to 1/3 of total voltage drop to send to the bulb. 5/3= 1.67V typically with this voltage LEDs to not come on. Measure resistance of the bulb multiply by two and shop for a potentioneter. Make sure the power rating (Watt) matches the OLD bulb's.
    Last edited by Rustam; 12-08-2017 at 03:46 PM.

deleted air conditioning

95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy