GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: the rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated, also i own a e34 again

Quote Originally Posted by winfred View Post
    sneaux and lots of it, well for loserana
    Im in yeaster TN now, snow that heavy and they shut the state down.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

yea they usually do that here as everybody looses their minds when the crystal meth starts falling, they did close 3 of the 4 closest mississippi river bridges but the main btr i12 bridge remained open, probably if it was 2 degrees colder it would've closed and the city would be paralyzed as you can't do squat around here without crossing a bridge
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    your seat cable fix is still around, http://m.odometergears.com/howto/E34...Cables_Fix.pdf
    This is gold! I just don't go back there cause I didn't know how without busting things:

To get the back off of the seat you kind of push up and pull out at the bottom. You have to feel your way through it, here is one of the top clips.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

bahahahah, on the plus side turner finally shipped my cam and rockers and outta be here next week, less fun is its approaching time to spend more money on this thing with the cam on the way after a short 3-4 months "in stock" my ass!
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

resumed working and spending moniez on this thing, my m30 was quite abused and its getting rings and bearings now, blocks all honed, cleaned and painted, got the pistons cleaned yesterday which took several hours due to the total groadyness of them, each one took 3 bathes in a can of chemdip aka liquid cancer, i have 3 one gallon cans but one ran off and hid so i was able to soak 2 at a time while the others were in my parts washer full of diesel and other fun things, so the shortblock is ready to assemble with a final cleaning.
    the complete head went into the parts washer and i closed the lid and will worry about it next week, it and the timing cover are completely submerged being defunked, when it comes out it'll probably get pressure washed like the block did

Name:  bearings 1.jpg
Views: 7677
Size:  53.7 KB

Name:  bearings 2.jpg
Views: 6504
Size:  42.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by winfred View Post
    resumed working and spending moniez on this thing, my m30 was quite abused and its getting rings and bearings now, blocks all honed, cleaned and painted, got the pistons cleaned yesterday which took several hours due to the total groadyness of them, each one took 3 bathes in a can of chemdip aka liquid cancer, i have 3 one gallon cans but one ran off and hid so i was able to soak 2 at a time while the others were in my parts washer full of diesel and other fun things, so the shortblock is ready to assemble with a final cleaning.
    the complete head went into the parts washer and i closed the lid and will worry about it next week, it and the timing cover are completely submerged being defunked, when it comes out it'll probably get pressure washed like the block did

Name:  bearings 1.jpg
Views: 7677
Size:  53.7 KB

Name:  bearings 2.jpg
Views: 6504
Size:  42.0 KB
    Those bearings are nasty! Never changed the oil or something.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

yea, you can see the top rods and bottom mains have the worst of it as they are the most stressed

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal View Post
    Those bearings are nasty! Never changed the oil or something.

Was the crank wasted?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

nope all looked good and shiny, short block is built, cleaned up the ports in the head today with a little grinder action and got the valves lapped in and installed. its a bitch getting motivated to work on a vehicle in your off time when you do it for a living, i have almost everything to rebuild/replace every moving or wet part on the whole car, just gotta crowbar myself into the parts pile to make it happen

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast