Just got a e46 2000 ecetive model, a day after getting it, the car wouldnt start, seemed like a flat battery. got a jump, car started. then the key wouldnt open the doors. the fob works to open the boot and to lock the doors. i can hear a noise when i try to open the doors with the key, but the doors wont open. if i unlock the drivers door with the key, and then shut the door, the fob will lock the door, but wont open the door. the lights come on when i press the open button on the key fob, it makes a noise like its trying but doesnt open the locks. the button that is next to the hazzards button will lock the door but wont open them, but will lock the drivers door if its unlocked. i have read alot of stuff about the gm5 modual, but none of them have said they can lock the door. if the modual was broken, im guessing none of it would work. i have read about fuse changes(in the boot whitch there isnt one except that major one), changing battery, which didnt work. can anyone help with this problem. i can give more info about the car. Shogun, have you seen this before.