GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Speedometer, odometer, fuel effiency stopped working

Default Speedometer, odometer, fuel effiency stopped working

Worked when I left and then just stopped. I didn't try the cruise control tho. Wipers work. All fuses work except 10, 11, 13 and 14 which do have power when I turn the lights in regards on.

Tried the disconnect battery and then after that didn't work did it again and shorted + &- no deals.

I kinda suck at electrical so schematics don't really help. Seems like a relay is dead somewhere. I haven't had enough time to reset them all yet though. Read a lot in regards to speed sensor in the rear differential which I have not ventured into.

Any other obvious things I should look into? Never had any issue like this besides the power amp fluking out on me.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal View Post
    Worked when I left and then just stopped. I didn't try the cruise control tho. Wipers work. All fuses work except 10, 11, 13 and 14 which do have power when I turn the lights in regards on.

Tried the disconnect battery and then after that didn't work did it again and shorted + &- no deals.

I kinda suck at electrical so schematics don't really help. Seems like a relay is dead somewhere. I haven't had enough time to reset them all yet though. Read a lot in regards to speed sensor in the rear differential which I have not ventured into.

Any other obvious things I should look into? Never had any issue like this besides the power amp fluking out on me.
    Only idea I have is to ask if there is possible water incursion to the driver side floor/footwell.

At the left corner, under the carpet is a big yellow wire connector with bunches of wires..

I had holes in floorboards allow water inside which corroded soem wires and lost many things like radio, tail lights, dome /map lights and speedo.. had to splice and twist a few wires and all was good.
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95

No water inside, think it's the pulse generator. Supposed to check it out later when my son gets back.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

The plug at the pulse generator would be suspect. I've had to replace two on similar vintage e30's.

1990 535im 421,000 miles, 1987 325is, 1989 325is, 1990 m3, 1991 318is, 2001 X5 3.0

Got it on ramps and looked at it, one wire was broke off right at the connector. Soldered it and put liquid tape on it and good as new.

95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy