GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Radio sound dead

When you say older amp, if you mean one that came from a car with M20/M30 and Hi-Fi sound, I am sure you cannot!

If you mean one from an M50/M60 car with Hi-Fi sound, I think yes.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Scored this from a 94 540 today:

Is different but the connections appear to be the same.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Well the new old one kinda works if you play with the fine pin connection. Wont work loose and wont work connected, somewhere in the middle I get rear and right and left but not all together. Used Gordons Stabilant 22 and no change. Put the old amp back in and still works. Son is thinking the solder connections to the small pins are compromised on the one we just scored. At least we can see that compared to the old one. If no deal I can return and score more free stuff lol.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

I have a 1994 E34 530i with trunk mounted CD changer and I get no audio. It's intermittent. But all channels cut in and out at once so I don't suspect power amplifier. Is there a source for schematic diagram of this?

Default radio

Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    check here, these are US ETM's https://shark.armchair.mb.ca/~dave/BMW/e34/
    Those diagrams show interconnections between the radio and the rest of the car but not the innards of the radio itself.

Bob, I just experienced the audio cutting off and on again. Noticed while hitting a bump with 10 12 foot deck boards the audio popped off and on and then off. Wait a while and it's good.

Today I decided to pull the amp and spray it with deoxit, exercise the connectors and put it back. This still would not turn on although the radio was on, lights etc.

Pulled the trunk coverings back out and when messing with the wires it would come and go. The wires going to the forward connection are the culprit for me. Pulled the amp again and found it is some intermittent connection in a location unknown to the forward most connection. Jammed the cables so it worked and tightened the amp back down. The wire cable is tight in a working position so I am hoping this is a permanent solution.

Sorry vague man but this is what I did.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by bob91343 View Post
    I have a 1994 E34 530i with trunk mounted CD changer and I get no audio. It's intermittent. But all channels cut in and out at once so I don't suspect power amplifier. Is there a source for schematic diagram of this?
    Only with the CD player?

Bob, I just experienced the audio cutting off and on again. Noticed while hitting a bump with 10 12 foot deck boards the audio popped off and on and then off. Wait a while and it's good.

Today I decided to pull the amp and spray it with deoxit, exercise the connectors and put it back. This still would not turn on although the radio was on, lights etc.

Pulled the trunk coverings back out and when messing with the wires it would come and go. The wires going to the forward connection are the culprit for me. Pulled the amp again and found it is some intermittent connection in a location unknown to the forward most connection. Jammed the cables so it worked and tightened the amp back down. The wire cable is tight in a working position so I am hoping this is a permanent solution.

Sorry vague man but this is what I did.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

[QUOTE=632 Regal;350077]Only with the CD player?

Thanks for the reply! Maybe I should look in the trunk. I have the radio partly out but haven't been able to unplug it. No amount of wiggling or tapping at the dash has any effect. All audio channels disappear at once and sometimes return. I didn't think there was a trunk amplifier but maybe there is. I will look, and thanks for the suggestion.

Bob

I looked in the trunk and there does seem to be an amplifier in there, bolted to the underside of the rear window shelf. So my next step will be to remove the amplifier and see if I can get inside it. If I can, then I will see if the problem is within.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast