GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: E34 535i "Oil pressure sensor" error message

Default E34 535i "Oil pressure sensor" error message

Hello together,

I started today my E34 535i in cold weather and the warning "Oil pressure sensor" came up. I checked the oil and it is a bit low but not under the lower limit.
    Last time I changed the oil (4 months ago), I didn' reset the oil counter. So the level on the dashboard kept decreasing since then. Could this be the reason?

Thanks a lot

Oil pressure and oil level low is different. Was the oil pressure light only on when the car was started after a long time and then disappeared? If so, the check valve inside the oil filter housing is defective.
    Normally after the engine has been switched off, the oil container should remain full, for that is a check valve there, that immy after the engine is started after long time parking the oil is there to lube the head parts like camshafts etc. If there is no oil left in the oil container because the check valve is broken, then it takes time until the oil pump has pumped from the engine oil sump the oil into the oil container.
    There is a repair DIY on my website below, check that. See fixes>>oil system

Alright, thanks alot for the fast reply. The message did not come up again. Next time I change the oil, I will inspect the oil filter canister.
    Last time the oil was changed a few months ago (first time by myself), I noticed that the new filter was equipped with a thin paper with many holes on the outside. I ripped the half paper off partially, but then I was advised by a friend, that this sheed stay on, so I put it back again. Maybe it came loose and clogged the valve you described.

Where is the oil container you mentioned, placed? It should be somewhere in the valve cover right?

Replace your oil filter with a "mann" brand one. Aftermarket oil filters are usually not made correctly.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

By Oil container he means the Oil filter housing.

Alright guys, thank you all