GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Leatherique - 1995 540i

Default Leatherique - 1995 540i

Photos compares the finished seat (left - passenger seat) and (right - drivers seat) after refinishing the passenger seat with Leatherique. The passenger seat bolster on the entry side was cracked in several places - I used the Leatherique crack filler and wet sanded it with 1000 grit using the Leatherique Prestine Clean solution as a wetting agent. I applied (3) very light coats on dye waiting a day between coats. I've finished the rear seats and the passenger seat and have the drivers seat and door panels, etc. to do. I started with by applying the Rejuvenating Oil, 3 coats over 3 days with the Prestine Clean used after each coat. Then the Prepping agent, wait a day, then three coats of the dye. I applied the dye using a 6" x 6" piece of microfiber cloth by wetting the cloth with about a 1" dia. of dye and applying it with a rotary motion. It dries fairly quickly as you apply it. Each seat takes about a week to do, but I think the results are worth it.

Name:  Front Seats - Before & After.jpg
Views: 2781
Size:  45.2 KB

Congrats, looks very good. I actually also re-did the seats in my E32 750 with similar leather care from a shop in Germany. The liquid leather or as you call it crack filler works nice and it makes fun to do the work.
    I even repaired a sports seat on my friends Alpina B12 where the side bolster was completely torn. I remove the complete leather from the seat, used special kleather glue and glued a leather patch from the back side onto the leather, then I turned it again and filled the mating areas between the patch and the original leather with crack filler so that it got smooth and the final product looks very good.
    Besides leather refresher in black I also bought this special leather paint as concentrate to dye the patch in black so that it matched, the leather refresher color is usually 'stretched' and not that concentrated.

Blimey! Gorgeous! Be careful.

With a result like that you might end up thinking about getting some more to put around the house!

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

The heat where I am at absolutely ruins the leather. I kneeled on my passenger seat 2 weeks ago and it just split along the seam. Both seats are ripped the same and the leather is very hard. Been looking for replacement skins but no luck yet.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Try www.katzkin.com. I bought tanleather replacements for my wife's 1991 Miata - they worked out great.