Hello All,

My son's car is a 1993 525i that's powered by a M50TU engine. The problem he's having is that it appears there's not enough voltage being supplied to the fuel pump. We thought that maybe the fuel pump was bad so he replaced it, but after installing it the engine still doesn't start. The troubleshooting that we've done are as follows: checked the fuel pump fuse, it wasn't blown; sprayed fuel directly into the throttle body, which does causes the engine to start; removed the new fuel pump from the tank and powered it directly, it worked fine; connected a jumper to the fuel pump relay terminals 87 and 30 and measured the voltage at the fuel pump's connectors 4 (-) and 5 (+), the resulting voltage measurement is less than a full voltage (0.09).

If anyone has any ideas as to how I can resolved this problem, please let me know. Lastly, I also read some information on another thread that mentioned something about fuseable links so if anyone has pictures of the location of the fuseable links, please send them to me.

Cea123